• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the one disc everyone MUST have in their bag?

How is this any diffferent than the "what's your favorite disc" "If you could only play with one disc" Threads. Why do we have a search feature?
So tell us, sweet prince. If one didn't know the exact name of the existing threads on the topic what keywords would they use that wouldn't produce several hundred returns to their query?

I personally like the KC Pro Roc. On days that I don't bring my bag, I'll bring the Roc for driving/approach/putting, and a driver depending on the course.

But, no matter what, it is always some driver and the Pro Roc (180g).

I've been thinking about this one. My assumption is that you want the one in production mold that's both the most universally useful and also unique enough to not have a counterpart from another company.

The best thing I can come up with is the Teebird. Nearly every other slot has multiple molds that can be used with near equal effectiveness, but the Teebird is both unique enough and uselful enough for a wide variety of players. It excels at straight and far, can be thrown from like 300'-450'+ without getting squirrley and there aren't any other discs that have that same combination of speed, stability, nose angle sensitivity and speed sensitivity.

Ironically, it's also a disc that no one really "needs" in their bag. It's just so much better at straight and far than any other disc that might replace it, it's worth carrying even though it overlaps with something else you carry.

Pretty much any putter, mid, workable driver, very overstable driver, moderately overstable driver, understable driver or distance driver has at least one, usually several other discs that will work almost equally as well.

Roc or Roc equivalent (Buzz, Wasp, Core?). I can putt with a Roc if I have to and if the holes are > 200' I'll go with the mid.

Or put another way, something you can throw straight 150' - 250' and have settle somewhere close to your line.

Roc or Roc equivalent (Buzz, Wasp, Core?). I can putt with a Roc if I have to and if the holes are > 200' I'll go with the mid.

Or put another way, something you can throw straight 150' - 250' and have settle somewhere close to your line.
Whatever Terry used to hit his 100' putt at Hawk Hollow.

How about the Viper? It's not the most versatile disc, but no other disc does what it does, like it does...

I've been thinking about this one. My assumption is that you want the one in production mold that's both the most universally useful and also unique enough to not have a counterpart from another company.

The best thing I can come up with is the Teebird. Nearly every other slot has multiple molds that can be used with near equal effectiveness, but the Teebird is both unique enough and uselful enough for a wide variety of players. It excels at straight and far, can be thrown from like 300'-450'+ without getting squirrley and there aren't any other discs that have that same combination of speed, stability, nose angle sensitivity and speed sensitivity.

Ironically, it's also a disc that no one really "needs" in their bag. It's just so much better at straight and far than any other disc that might replace it, it's worth carrying even though it overlaps with something else you carry.

Pretty much any putter, mid, workable driver, very overstable driver, moderately overstable driver, understable driver or distance driver has at least one, usually several other discs that will work almost equally as well.

Great. Now you make me want to put the Teebird back in my bag.

I am also waiting for someone to come in saying something about something being able to do what the Teebird does; like a PD, Stalker, Striker or Tracker and I think just the wide range of skill and power of players that a Teebird suits, all of those dont even really come close.

Innova Leopard is a good starter disc, It is a medium speed with little turn or fade and can easily be found in lighter weights and different plactics. I have been playing for around a year, and still use this disc for easy fairway distance.

I make sure I always have one disc to blame, and one to praise over the blamed disc, to let the blamed disc know I've moved on and that I don't need it anymore, so if doesn't start acting right, we're through.

I'm looking at you Orange Wraith...do you want me to throw YOU though a tree like I did you Champ Wraith Cousin?

\/\/

Great. Now you make me want to put the Teebird back in my bag.
The only thing about the Teebird is isn't not a great disc for diagnosing problems. It's either "you did everything right" or "you did something wrong" and there's not a lot inbetween.

I am also waiting for someone to come in saying something about something being able to do what the Teebird does; like a PD, Stalker, Striker or Tracker and I think just the wide range of skill and power of players that a Teebird suits, all of those dont even really come close.
Players with more skill might like the PD or Striker but I really don't think players with less skill will get as much out of them as they would with a DX Teebird. It's just not as unversal as the Teebird. The Stalker is shorter and the Tracker doesn't really compare.

For the record, I'm not suggesting that everyone carry a Teebird. I'm just trying to think of the most universally used, but also unique disc.

Wizard (or other stable putter/driver) Then they need to learn to throw their putter.

I have to jump on the Teebird band wagon too. I don't care what kind of plastic it is in, you just need one. ;)

Latest posts