• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the one disc everyone MUST have in their bag?

Pro Katana, for sure. Wanna get a Star Katana soon too. I've had some of my furthest drives with my pink 'Floyd' Pro Katana. I love my Katana!!!!!

How is that pro Katana lasting for you in terms of wear...hitting a tree, etc?

I still have to put forward a super lite pink r-pro boss.
I'm not sure but I've nvr seen a r-pro disc that was see through b4...is it really a champ/r-pro mix?

This disc has added a reliable 50 feet to my range...pretty consistent and with a beauty of an s curve. Handles wear better than other r-pro discs too.

a Roc or a Buzz. Whichever you prefer most, or both even.

I used to throw a flat-top Roc every other mid range shot and every short drive, then I diversified my game a little, and then I found the buzz... now I find that I use my Buzz more then my Roc. I use my Cro more than either, but that's a horse of a different color I guess.
Also I've moved away from the flat-top DX Roc to a champion thrower Roc, the two are vastly different.

KATANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that is only needed in the bags of people I a playing against so I can get a few strokes.

I know putters and mid-ranges are the big gotta-havers but I can't go anywhere without my CHAMPION ORC!!!

I know putters and mid-ranges are the big gotta-havers but I can't go anywhere without my CHAMPION ORC!!!

Why? What's the big on an Orc?

How far do you throw it? What lines can you reliably get out of it? Technical holes or just open fields?

Why? What's the big on an Orc?

How far do you throw it? What lines can you reliably get out of it? Technical holes or just open fields?

The Orc is a really underrated disc ever since the Wraith and Destroyer came out. Back in the day of the old school champs they has a great ability to flip up flat and hold the line before fading when new and eventually broke in to have a natural and fairly consistent S curve.

IDK how they compare now but IMO it is more reliable than a lot of stuff people have in their bags.

Comet is the ONE disc. I putt with it through the trees when I need more turn anny or hyzer than a putter will provide.

It will shape more lines than a Buzzz or any single Roc. And besides which @#$* Roc do you buy, San Marino, Ontario, Flat top, Classic, Jk.. ? Though I gotta say the guy that said Element, that's the closest disc to a Comet I've handled.

I just picked up dx roc and that disc is amazing. I also ordered an r-pro one but today when I got it I kind of felt stupid for buying it. The plastic just feels super cheap and is not as rubbery as I expected it to be. Note to everyone, go dx and not r-pro.

i love the plastic used for the r-pro roc. unfortunately they changed the inner rim of the disc, it's actually referred to as a "super roc." the plastic is super sticky and awesome, but changing the rim made the disk more understable. innova needs to make a roc of the same plastic using the old mold, it would be fantastic.

anyway, to answer the original question, everyone should have a roc in their bag. really everyone should have two...an old beat up one and a new one.

what is the one disc everyone should have in their bag?

a putter (and I don't mean a Boss). I mean blunt edged slow flying, straight gliding, floaty landing PUTTER. the lions' share of courses out there can be successfully negotiated with just a small collection of putters.