• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is your favorite disc that doesn't make your bag.

BrotherDave said:
Probably the QMS.

Me too. I can't tell a lot of difference in flight between my Fuse and QMS, but my Fuse is such a great looking disc, and the plastic is nutz, so my QMS waits to come of the bench....

Pro Destroyer. I love it enormously, but it gets me into too much trouble on the course.

Monarch/Valk. Great high altitude drivers, but they've been taken over by my seasoned Eagles as my main drivers and they don't quite get the easy distance that my Pro Destroyers do.

money 21 said:
What is your favorite disc that doesn't make your bag? For me it is my saber. Really like the disc just doesn't fit my current setup.

The Z Stalker. Its a fine disc. A longer range Buzzz kind of flight. But there is only so much room in the bag so sometimes this one gets left out, depending on the course.

If I had a STRONG caddy I would always pack a Z Stalker (tweener disc. Is it a longer midrange or a fairway driver?), A Z Wasp (overstable midrange), and a Z Talon (overstable as heck windfighter). And a few more Z Flashes and ESP Nukes. And a backup Rogue. And another Magnet (in case the first string has an off day).

That way my back-up caddy could cart around the (very) cold beer cooler. I don't normally drink during a round but if I didn't have to lug it around I might.

Mark Ellis said:
money 21 said:
What is your favorite disc that doesn't make your bag?...

The Z Stalker...

Mark, I'd love to see how the Stalker flies for you throwing forehand. You should fit that onto one of your videos, and anyways pushing the Stalker on Discraft's behalf is a wise move, many pros are putting them in their bags and the word is out...it could become one of their best-selling discs (well, that's not the ultrastar).

i like the stalker as well. it just doesn't fit my bag. If discraft brought back the x2 which the stalker seems like a ss version of I would drop my eagles and go back to the x2 and the stalker would go right in as well. I am having so much success with the squall right now though the stalker doesn't fit.

No joke...my 195g Zephyr. I've taken it to the course several times, and love it for runs at the basket from 90-150' out (especially in tightly wooded areas), but its not something I would reach for regularly. Also the XD, champ whippet-x and champ ontario cobra...all fun discs, but overlap with stuff already in the bag.

Tough choice. There's the TeeBird, the Buzzz, the CD, the Farting Lemon... I'm gonna settle for a curveball and say the Ultra-Star.

My bag changes monthly so it just depends. Sometimes it is the PD's, the Teebirds, Eagles or Cyclones. I'm a kid, I throw what I want.

RustyP said:
No joke...my 195g Zephyr. I've taken it to the course several times, and love it for runs at the basket from 90-150' out (especially in tightly wooded areas), but its not something I would reach for regularly. Also the XD, champ whippet-x and champ ontario cobra...all fun discs, but overlap with stuff already in the bag.

In wooded areas no fade is great for long runs but the tightness means that the smaller the diameter the wider the gap is. That's why a Zephyr is at a disadvantage to say an XD or Ion for example.

I'd probably put the Z Stalker on my list as well. Might even go back to them since I'm not interested in tracking down 10-11x teebirds.

Favorite discs not currently in bag: magic, meteor, leopard, stalker, xtreme, older champ glow tl/se tl, RR, orc, starfire, wraith (especially 12x). Good thing is I have all of these discs (and more) lying around to use when I feel the need. Bad thing is I have all these discs lying around... :D

The Striker. I still have a lot of love for the Striker but the PD wins out hands down.
The Comet. After extensive testing, the Fuse has taken its place.

The ESP Cyclone, because unlike most of you it seems I do have stalkers in my bag. And also the Roc....very solid disc, but the Buzzz ain't going anywhere, probably ever.