• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your main driver?

Feel comfortable enough after several months trying out Legacy Cannons that they are replacing Nukes as my primary drivers. Icon plastic 166 gram for no or downwind, Pinnacle plastic 169g for a little headwind, and 174 icon very overstable for big skips or lots of headwind.

Blizzard Wraith. I can get it out there a little farther than a Surge.

not to mention, how do you outgrow a speed 13 disc?

well, my workhorses are PD. i throw an SPD for moderately overstable and a PPD for everything else. my PPD has beaten into an amazing line shaper. hyzerflips and turnovers, but can still hold hyzer as well. i will be getting a new one soon. eventually the SPD will beat in and i will probably just roll with two SPD and a beat to **** PPD. the seasoned PPD powers down AMAZINGLY. i do not use true "fairways" right now, and don't see a need to yet. i'm sure i'll find a course that makes me reconsider.

my distance drivers/low line distance discs are destroyers.

bottom stamp star for big time beef, hurricane winds.
regular star destroyer for workhorse duty.
flat top star for slightly understable, hyzerflips so i can really crank them on low lines and still shape it.

same deal; eventually the regular star destroyer will season and i can use the flat top for rollers. i do a LOT of field work so hopefully it won't take too long.

i use PD for everything up to 400 in open fields and destroyers anytime i'm trying to push past that or throw far on a low line, getting skips for more distance, etc.

I'm a Beast man myself, but am awaiting a Leopard to arrive to see how that goes. Short holes get the Buzzz.

Hurricane. Fairly stable. Beats in. Real nice. It's a lot like a Destroyer. You haven't outgrown your Boss. Unless your average distance is 750' or so.

not to mention, how do you outgrow a speed 13 disc?

well, my workhorses are PD. i throw an SPD for moderately overstable and a PPD for everything else. my PPD has beaten into an amazing line shaper. hyzerflips and turnovers, but can still hold hyzer as well. i will be getting a new one soon. eventually the SPD will beat in and i will probably just roll with two SPD and a beat to **** PPD. the seasoned PPD powers down AMAZINGLY. i do not use true "fairways" right now, and don't see a need to yet. i'm sure i'll find a course that makes me reconsider.

my distance drivers/low line distance discs are destroyers.

bottom stamp star for big time beef, hurricane winds.
regular star destroyer for workhorse duty.
flat top star for slightly understable, hyzerflips so i can really crank them on low lines and still shape it.

same deal; eventually the regular star destroyer will season and i can use the flat top for rollers. i do a LOT of field work so hopefully it won't take too long.

i use PD for everything up to 400 in open fields and destroyers anytime i'm trying to push past that or throw far on a low line, getting skips for more distance, etc.

I kinda out grown a Boss because I was putting to much spin on it, I have been temp using the Destroyer and I am getting about 475.

Blizzard Wraith. I can get it out there a little farther than a Surge.

:thmbup: I also use a Champ Wraith for overstable needs. A DX Wraith for understable needs and a beat Pro Wraith for sidearm get out of trouble shots. And the Blizzard Wraith for non-windy bomb drives. :clap:

Outgrown the widest legal rim? Guess there's nothing left but the Ninja.

In all seriousness, sounds like it's time to work on yourself.

Second on the Hurricane. You can cover a lot of lines with ProLine, SP, and Flex SP.

spicybird, you will not like that Glow Undertow. Send it to me and save yourself the grief.

I kinda out grown a Boss because I was putting to much spin on it, I have been temp using the Destroyer and I am getting about 475.

... so it was flying way too good for you, is what you're saying. You want something that won't fly so straight. Something that either turns and burns, or dump fades at the end. Gotchya ...

Try a Stiletto, Spirit, or Nuke OS.

A lot of people find that destroyers handle a wider range of power than a boss, they're more popular with the top level big distance guys.

It is a little misleading to say you're putting "too much spin" on the disc. Spin stabilizes the disc, and gives it more glide and distance potential.

Latest posts