• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what scares you on a course and how have you dealt with it.

That's why there is a CON section in the course review. It gives people a more realistic view of what to expect before they play a course.

For example, earlier today, I went to Kyle, Tx. and played the Steeplechase course for the first time.

I read the reviews for the course before I went. One of the major CONs was that the course had poison ivy or oak in some areas. I haven't seen poison oak since I was a boy scout and doubted if I would even recognize it.

Without that warning in the reviews, I would have come out covered in the stuff as anyone who has seen me play knows I spend a lot of time in the bushes and brush. LOL. I guess "schule" is the correct term.

A beautiful course by the way. If a cold front with 20-30 mph gusting winds hadn't move in as we were about to tee off on the first hole, it would have been perfect.

Woodpecker

Never had any encounters with any kind of wild animals or poor homeless people.I try my best to scope out an area and the course before I get out of the car to play. If I feel uneasy about any place....I leave!Plain and simple.
If I do play a course and start to feel uneasy about where the course meanders to...I leave!!
I have never encountered any snakes while playing disc golf but I have when just hiking in the woods or mountains. Usually I will just stop where I am and when they are aware of my presents they get the hell away! My experience has been that as long as you don't try to mess with them(I don't!)then all they want to do is get away from you. You might try moving a long stick around in brush when your disc gets in there. Better a snake to bite it than you!

One time at Pecan Park in Nacogdoches i was retrieving my disc out of a creek after i finished my round, which was next to a jogging track, bench, and water fountain where there was an old man who had been sitting there the entire time i was playing. When i was in the water looking for my disc, he stood up and came over to talk to me and his "private parts" were out. Apparently he was watching the college girls on the jogging track that went right by the bench and forgot to put it away. Freaked me out pretty bad, didnt exactly know what to do after that lol.

One time at Pecan Park in Nacogdoches i was retrieving my disc out of a creek after i finished my round, which was next to a jogging track, bench, and water fountain where there was an old man who had been sitting there the entire time i was playing. When i was in the water looking for my disc, he stood up and came over to talk to me and his "private parts" were out. Apparently he was watching the college girls on the jogging track that went right by the bench and forgot to put it away. Freaked me out pretty bad, didnt exactly know what to do after that lol.

That is CREEPY! :eek: Here I thought he was gonna lend you a hand. :p

OK, that was just wrong....sorry. :(;)

I'm not a fan of walking face first straight into a a huge spider web. OK, well that isn't so bad. But it does bother me when the big spider is dead straight in the middle where you face is about to hit. :eek: Me not likey!

I'm not a fan of walking face first straight into a a huge spider web. OK, well that isn't so bad. But it does bother me when the big spider is dead straight in the middle where you face is about to hit. :eek: Me not likey!

You should have seen the look on the spider's face. :D

Bears and Lions sure would make for an adventurous round of disc golf!!!

Beavers. More accurately, the work of beavers -- there's a course here with enormous trees that they slowly whittle away at, and those trees would cause certain death if they fell on a person.