• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite midrange and why?!

Cro: small diameter, low profile, decent fade when new, beats to straight

it just about does it all for me since I throw bh and fh, I even putt with it

It has to be the Aurora MS for sure.

The Core is a longer Aurora MS.

I really like the P-MD2 also.

The Pain is my favorite overstable mid... Of course, there's the Roc.

Hornets and Gators are fun for shaping shots and playing in the wind.

The Stingray and Fuse are awesome understable mids that can glide out as far as drivers.

There are a few that I REALLY like.

For the Discraft guys... I don't dislike the Buzzz, I prefer the Core or MD2 in that role. I want some dome! I'll concede that the Buzzz is fun to throw. I like it in X plastic the best.

Last edited:
My longtime favorite is the QMS.
Thrown hard, it will go straight and fade at the end.
It will hold a hyzer and anny and it will go very straight.
I have used Rocs and Fuses and Comets and Meteors and Stingrays and lots of others, but I always come back to the QMS.

OK... I do too. Aurora MS. It does it all. I like to use it for long putts too. Probably the best all around disc made.

I don't know if I have a Fav Mid. I switched to Star Sharks from DX Rocs when I realized how cquickly my Rocs were getting all chewed up very quickly. Wanted to go with a more durable plastic mid and Rocs weren't really out in anything but DX and KC Pro at the time. But Star Sharks were coming out that December, so I switched.

Cro: small diameter, low profile, decent fade when new, beats to straight

it just about does it all for me since I throw bh and fh, I even putt with it

Throwing a Cro is like throwing a brick. No glide at all. Great in wind, but not much distance. I feel like I could turn an understable driver upside down and throw it for very similar results.

My favorite is the Z Buzzz. I have also tried DX Roc, KC Pro Roc, Buzzz FLX, and GL Pain. Going to try a Z Comet next. Should be a nice compliment to the Buzzz.

Gonna have to say comet. It's kinda my go-to. Runner ups are dx roc and EliteX Buzzz. Once my X Buzzz beats in some, it rivals the use of my comet. (lost my seasoned buzzz :( )

It's always been the Z Buzzz, but now I'm also Developing a similar love for the Opto Fuse and Axis. All of them are completely wonderful for me. They all operate as less of mid-ranges for me and more of shorter Fairway drivers.

^^^ Same thoughts Russell

I like my GL Fuse for the beauty of it's never ending flight but, I am starting to like my battle armored bumper ring on my straight flying Axis for wooded courses!

The Pain is my favorite overstable mid...

I love the Pain. I have an Opto and Gold Line versions. Opto is a little more overstable. It's even fun to putt with, feels really good in hand. Dig the Fuse too but I consider it an understable complement to the Pain just to round out my bag.

Buzzz SS

I love this disc because it can be thrown so softly and preforms like a longer putter, see a spot and hit the spot. Just a great disc.

Buzzz Z is usually my go-to midrange disc.

However, I have come to like DGA Squall more and more lately as I can throw it longer than the Buzzz discs I have. (a X, SS, and the Z)

I am loving the Core. I am getting launching that disc about 300 max with beautiful accuracy. I have hit metal 4 times with my GL Core in the last month and have had too many ace runs to count. I can put it on any line and it will hold that line. I can even finesse it with a slow falling hyzer.

Zone. You know where its going, even on windy days. Classified as a putter, although I drive with it, approach, flex shots, flicks, skips, and can be rolled forehand if needed.

Latest posts