• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2022?

wolfhaley

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Let's hear where you're going to bag some courses this year. Road trips, local loops, whatever. Let's hear it.

I got a beast of a trip lined up for early/mid May. East TN/West NC and all the goodness I can fit in on the way back to WI.

Looking like a bagging trip/family things down in SE WI. Would like to smash out as much as possible in Crystal Lake IL. It'll be early July so it'll be stupid hot, or March weather for you southerners.

If Tobaggan's up and running in October like last year that's what I'm thinking of for now. That's up in the air.

I want to know where you guys/gals are going this year. :thmbup:

If everything lines up well, and I get off my butt and get in shape, I'm hoping to get out to San Francisco/San Jose later this year.

Mainly to visit some old friends, but there are some goodies out there:

DeLaveaga
Stafford Lake
Maybe, just maybe... Birds of Paradise???

If that doesn't go through, I'll probably try to knock off Arizona and/or New Mexico this year instead.

Hoping to get back to New England this year. I'd like to hit more states than just Vermont. New Hampshire, Mass, and Maine are on the short list.

Biggest one will be Midwestern trip early August. Friend's wedding is in Moline, IL and will try to make a week- 10 day course bagging trek across IL, IA, and possibly WI. Probably won't be many new courses for me but will be revisiting some ones I am very fond of. Hoping to time the Peoria area right to get there when the courses are prepped for Ledgestone but not yet bogged down with players.

Going to Maui for 10 days this summer. We usually do carry-on only, so I'm trying to figure out how to take enough discs to get a round in while we're there.

We're doing a weekend trip in the Silverado, CA area, but I don't know if we'll have time for a round.

We might also be going up to the Denver and/or Colorado Springs areas this year sometime.

Let's hear where you're going to bag some courses this year. Road trips, local loops, whatever. Let's hear it.

Bagging plans? I have sooooo many bagging plans. :rolleyes: We shall see which, if any, come to fruition (health and pandemic willing, of course). With me retired and spousal unit still working I hope to take some multi-day local road trips, too.

Colorado: This is our big planned summer road trip. Not strictly focused on bagging but I hope to pick up a few new states (IA, NE, WY) and some top courses (Caesar Ford, Echo Valley, Prides Creek, Foundation Park, Harmony Bends, Wildcat Bluff, Camden Park, etc.). By summer I hope the conversion van will be ready for the road.

Pennsylvania: Goal is a multi-day road trip across southern and eastern PA. Planned itinerary includes Faylor Lake, Camp Swatara, Blue Mountain, DeSales University, Ryan C. Kelley Green Monster, and the Lancaster-area mini courses. Hoping that Mr. Houck's new course at Agape Farm is ready to play by spring or early summer. :D

Virginia: Another semi-local road trip. Planned highlights include Lake Marshall x 3, Walnut Creek, New Quarter, Raptor's Roost, and some good BBQ. Might take a separate trip to the Lynchburg-Roanoke area with the guys I grew up with - we all started playing object Frisbee golf before disc golf existed.

Delaware: None of the courses look spectacular, but I have been meaning to bag Wilmington, Newark, and the Eastern Shore for a while. Unfortunately bagging 100% of Delaware looks unlikely because a couple of courses are not open to the public. :doh:

Going to Maui for 10 days this summer. We usually do carry-on only, so I'm trying to figure out how to take enough discs to get a round in while we're there.

Discs packed tightly with clothes don't take up much space in a suitcase. I have a small disc golf bag that fits under the seat, so I use that as my carry-on (stuffing the drink holders with charging cords, toothbrush, and other essentials).

Sounds like a fun trip. Good luck!

Already got to play one round in Colorado while on a ski trip.

I go back to Colorado in 3 months with a couple friends for what will be a predominantly disc-golf trip.

Going to Peoria this spring for a concert, and an extra day for playing some courses in that area too.

Not sure what I will be doing this fall though. Hopefully something fun!

If you make it up to the Eau Claire or Menomonie areas and need a guide,let me know!

Will do! Probably make a few trips up there considering it's only like and hour and 45 minutes from Milwaukee. Any courses I should definitely check out while up there?

Will do! Probably make a few trips up there considering it's only like and hour and 45 minutes from Milwaukee. Any courses I should definitely check out while up there?

I think the "destination" courses in this area are the Tower Ridge courses in Eau Claire. Really fun, cross country ski trail course up here. Two courses in one place. The new 9er, Lafayette DGC, outside of Chippewa Falls, is an incredibly fun woods course. Little rough yet when I played it last year, but it was still very new. Some of the most fun Ive had, despite being only 9 holes.

Menomonie has Brickyard which is a super fun, unique 9er, two pins/pads per hole to make an 18. Wakanda park (I call this my home course) is a decent park course. Probably want a guide for that one for sure, navigation is rough. Some fun shots. Neither are really "destination" courses, but are fun tracks.

I think the "destination" courses in this area are the Tower Ridge courses in Eau Claire. Really fun, cross country ski trail course up here. Two courses in one place. The new 9er, Lafayette DGC, outside of Chippewa Falls, is an incredibly fun woods course. Little rough yet when I played it last year, but it was still very new. Some of the most fun Ive had, despite being only 9 holes.

Menomonie has Brickyard which is a super fun, unique 9er, two pins/pads per hole to make an 18. Wakanda park (I call this my home course) is a decent park course. Probably want a guide for that one for sure, navigation is rough. Some fun shots. Neither are really "destination" courses, but are fun tracks.

Oh wow I am really stoned I totally thought you were from Green Bay because of your profile pic lol. I was gonna ask about that private 9er called Buckrub.. do you really have to be a PDGA ranked player to play there? And yea, I definitely am gonna make my way out west eventually. Probably gonna start bagging all the courses in south west Wisconsin even though there don't seem to be that many then work my way up to Menomonie/Eau Claire area.

Oh wow I am really stoned I totally thought you were from Green Bay because of your profile pic lol. I was gonna ask about that private 9er called Buckrub.. do you really have to be a PDGA ranked player to play there? And yea, I definitely am gonna make my way out west eventually. Probably gonna start bagging all the courses in south west Wisconsin even though there don't seem to be that many then work my way up to Menomonie/Eau Claire area.

Tbh, buckrub is one of the few I haven't played locally. But if memory serves, you just need a PDGA number or to be member of the local club. I'm neither, hence my not playing it haha.

Axldog Acres is a private course outside of Osseo that's supposed to.be really awesome too. That's on my short list for this year.

Tbh, buckrub is one of the few I haven't played locally. But if memory serves, you just need a PDGA number or to be member of the local club. I'm neither, hence my not playing it haha.

Axldog Acres is a private course outside of Osseo that's supposed to.be really awesome too. That's on my short list for this year.

Axldog is definitely on my list.

Speaking of Osseo, is Wildapple actually open or are they still closed? Wanted to make a trip to that one at some point this summer.

all tentative but in the works is

charlotte nc

sandpoint id

bmore maryland

central wi weekend with wolfhaley and mrs wolfhaley

will have course baggin along the way from central mn with a little mtb sprinkled in

and flying into alaska but probably just playin one or two courses there

It's been quite a few years since I played Axldog, but if it's still what it was when I played there, it's absolutely worth playing. I loved that course. :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

all tentative but in the works is

charlotte nc

sandpoint id

bmore maryland

central wi weekend with wolfhaley and mrs wolfhaley

will have course baggin along the way from central mn with a little mtb sprinkled in

and flying into alaska but probably just playin one or two courses there

Sandpoint ID? This is news to me :popcorn:

There's going to be a second course at Caliber at some point, not sure if you heard. I don't know when it'll be completed, but something to keep in mind. I think I told you, but there's a Makoshika upper too. It was tone poles last I heard, but supposedly will be baskets at some point. And if you're driving over there you best plan for the X this time.

That being said, none of that is going to live up to that epic central WI trip :p

Virginia: Another semi-local road trip. Planned highlights include Lake Marshall x 3, Walnut Creek, New Quarter, Raptor's Roost, and some good BBQ. Might take a separate trip to the Lynchburg-Roanoke area with the guys I grew up with - we all started playing object Frisbee golf before disc golf existed.

[

Lake Marshall- barbecue joint in Montross is extremely over-rated imo. Northern Neck Burger in Tappahannock is very good. Two Fish Bistro is closest and very good- snakehead nuggets are excellent when they have them.

Walnut Creek- no good barbecue nearby. Best nearby food is Dr Ho's Humble Pie with very good pizza. Charlottesville had a great barbecue joint (Jinx Pits Top) but it has closed.

New Quarter- the highly over-rated Pierce's barbecue is not far. I prefer Waller Mill to NQ but both are worth playing and not far apart.

Raptor's- food at the Clubhouse is good. Barbecue Exchange a few minutes away in Gordonsville is top notch- featured on the various food channels a number of times.

Roanoke/Lynchburg- lots of good courses in that general area with even more on the way. Too far away from home for me to have a good grip on dining though.

Latest posts