• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

Did anyone make the "your moms house" joke yet?

Cause I kinda wanna be that guy right now.

But on an actual note, probably doing Maple Hill this year for sure.

heading to Mesa arizona the first week of the year to caddy at the NADGT event.

Wow somehow I missed this thread till now!

I don't have anything set in stone for 2023 yet. But my girlfriend wants to go to Europe so places like Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland could be in play.

Would love to get out to Hillcrest on Prince Edward Island.

Pretty sure I'm going to get out to Denver to visit a close friend who moved there, and hit some of the highly rated courses in that area.

Another friend recently moved to Cincinnati and he even plays disc golf, so visiting him and playing Idlewild seems like a no-brainer.

Will likely have another trip or multiple trips to the north side of NYC area for work. I want to get to Brakewell/Warwick this time for sure.

Might head up to Michigan's UP yet again. Maybe this time I'll actually, really be able to bag all the courses there (which was the goal the last two times I went, but they just keep popping up!)

Locally, I've done pretty well covering terrain north and west of me but there are still tons of courses south towards Kalamazoo and east towards Lansing/etc. that are fairly close options, but I have never played them.

I imagine I won't get around to doing all of those things - but I did more than I thought I would this year so we'll see!

Last edited:

I don't have anything set in stone for 2023 yet. But my girlfriend wants to go to Europe so places like Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland could be in play.

Pretty sure I'm going to get out to Denver to visit a close friend who moved there, and hit some of the highly rated courses in that area.

Another friend recently moved to Cincinnati and he even plays disc golf, so visiting him and playing Idlewild seems like a no-brainer.

Will likely have another trip or multiple trips to the north side of NYC area for work. I want to get to Brakewell/Warwick this time for sure.

Might head up to Michigan's UP yet again. Maybe this time I'll actually, really be able to bag all the courses there (which was the goal the last two times I went, but they just keep popping up!)

Locally, I've done pretty well covering terrain north and west of me but there are still tons of courses south towards Kalamazoo and east towards Lansing/etc. that are fairly close options, but I have never played them.

I imagine I won't get around to doing all of those things - but I did more than I thought I would this year so we'll see!

you still got a lot of ground to cover in just day trips if you living in gr

im excited to see your course count grow

shootin fish in a barrel in the midwest

I don't see any Ohio played on your list. Echo Valley is a must play. LMK if want to get a round in while in Cincy area. Always looking for an excuse to play Idlewild again!

you still got a lot of ground to cover in just day trips if you living in gr

im excited to see your course count grow

shootin fish in a barrel in the midwest

I'm in GR yeah. I have barely ventured south toward Kazoo/Battle Creek area. There are probably quite a few options still even just within an hour's drive, and certainly a bunch hovering right around that. I'm still early on in the bagging journey. :D

I don't see any Ohio played on your list. Echo Valley is a must play. LMK if want to get a round in while in Cincy area. Always looking for an excuse to play Idlewild again!

That's correct - believe it or not, I have yet to set foot in Ohio (DG or otherwise!) Just checked out and wishlisted Echo Valley - thanks for the recommendation! I will try to remember to reach out, thanks! :D

No idea when any of these trips might be. I guess I will have to start planning things out after the holidays - darn... ;)

May have the opportunity to play Maple Hill in 2023. It's been on my bucket list pretty much since I started playing.

Shhhh. Things are a little slow for me in the office here today, so I've been mapping out a trip to Maple Hill myself. Gonna cut through Canada on the way to make me an International player. Hit up a few courses in NY (unfortunately the route doesn't go near the highest rate course in NY, dang it). Depending on how long it takes will determine how many courses I can bag. Gonna try to make it a 2 week trip so time won't be as much of a concern, like in the past when I take all week to basically get to my destination course, then not have enough time to enjoy too many other courses in the area (my recent trip to Hornets Nest in Charlotte comes to mind). Second thought, I'll MAKE the route go nearer to Warwick, NY because I say so. Maybe on the way back to MICH. Who knows? It's all still in the planning stages.

. . . Second thought, I'll MAKE the route go nearer to Warwick, NY because I say so. Maybe on the way back to MICH. Who knows? It's all still in the planning stages.

Now you're talking. :D

That route will probably take you by Pittsburgh. Nice courses there. Just sayin'. ;)

Got tickets to fly to Charlotte in March today. Stoney Hill looks like a go 👍

Then I noticed IDGC and Langley Pond are pretty close so... yeah.

A little less Charlotte, but I can finally (and pretty easily) get Georgia off my mind. 😁

Should still get some of the big boys in Charlotte too. It can't come soon enough either.

Still waiting for the day when someone visits us on their "tour of crappy courses of the Southeast", so we'll really stand out.

i thought about it

yall are just too far into sc

and when i did charlotte you were too far from the other way

:(

Got tickets to fly to Charlotte in March today. Stoney Hill looks like a go 👍

Then I noticed IDGC and Langley Pond are pretty close so... yeah.

A little less Charlotte, but I can finally (and pretty easily) get Georgia off my mind. 😁

Should still get some of the big boys in Charlotte too. It can't come soon enough either.

whats the charlotte line up lookin like

i thought about it

yall are just too far into sc

and when i did charlotte you were too far from the other way

:(

It's a running joke, here. I can't tell you how many times traveling disc golfers have visited, after playing the IDGC the day before. Nobody ever visits after 3 days of playing 1.5-rated courses.

Latest posts