• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

I might as well chime in.

9/23 Village Greens (18)

9/24 Bucksnort x2,

9/25 Bear Mountain (22), Glen Isle (21) Ken Caryl (9) x2

9/26 Ghost Town (19), Wondervu (22), Fehringer Ranch (18)

9/27 Beaver Ranch-Main (21), BR-Bluebird (20), West Fork (18)

9/28 Meow Wolf (yep), Johnny Roberts (18), Tyler Childers @ Red Rocks

9/29 Lake Dillon-Main (18), Lake Dillon-Family (12), Peak One (27)

9/30 Cross Creek (20), Hole in the Sky (18) w/sillybizz Singletree DGC (9)

10/1 Sky Mountain Ranch DGC (9), Arapahoe Basin (20), Lawson Advebture Park (18)

10/2 fly/slink back home

i'm going to have a 4hr layover in slc on oct10... is that enough time to bag a course around there??? anybody live there & willing to pick me up/drop off? there is a bus that goes by the nearest course, but i don't think 4hrs is enough for bus riding. i think i'll try uber for the first time
next week. public transit looks to be the way (only 5$). train to bus... & here's what is right accross the street from the bus stop: Google Maps
might havta haul my luggage around the course tho

Just a couple of weeks away from my two week trip up to PA, then over to TN and back to SE FL! Here's the current course rundown:

Driving Up: Tom Triplett
Seneca Creek (with @Monocacy)

While in PA: Jordan Creek
Lehigh Parkway
Nockamixon S.P. (back 9 opened!)
Lenape (if not too far from Nocky)
AGA Farms
Harmony (new course in P-Burg, NJ)
Hackett
NCC DGC (9 holer at community college not far from Hackett)
Hanover Township Community Rec
South Moutain (the course I first played DG at)
Ace Eight at DeSales University
Camp Olympic
Upper Macungie Park

On way to TN (Murfreesboro): Mayflower Hills
Harmon Hills

Leaving TN to come back to Ft Lauderdale: Etowah

Subject to change, of course. Seven of these will be new reviews and then others will be updates. I have a separate thread going as well for my trip.

this is what i was thinking, but couldn't find anything online of them having them (or at the train station). i would think there probably is some, just no online presence; i'll find out in person & stash my bag in bushes on the course if i have to.
You would probably have better luck leaving them on a random bench in the airport than stashing at Roots. It'd be more likely to see a transient wearing your clothes by the time you are done Roots, than someone messing with a random bag in the airport. Bonus points if you have a Russian flag or something you could add to your bag.

Took a road trip to Forest, VA with a bunch of guys I have known since elementary school. Played 8 new courses, 6 listed on DGCR. The common theme for this part of the country is woods and hills, which suits my preferences perfectly. 😁

Listed courses:

Washington & Lee University
Beale's Treasure (fun short course)
Goliath (excellent, very challenging, and fun)
Liberty University – Camp Hydaway
Liberty University – Tiki Course (9)
Meadowcreek Gardens (9)

We also played two unlisted private courses, Mays Mill and Broken Oak. Mays Mill was very fun and Broken Oak was an absolute humbling joy to play. Great hosts, too. (y)

Took a road trip to Forest, VA with a bunch of guys I have known since elementary school. Played 8 new courses, 6 listed on DGCR. The common theme for this part of the country is woods and hills, which suits my preferences perfectly. 😁

Listed courses:

Washington & Lee University
Beale's Treasure (fun short course)
Goliath (excellent, very challenging, and fun)
Liberty University – Camp Hydaway
Liberty University – Tiki Course (9)
Meadowcreek Gardens (9)

We also played two unlisted private courses, Mays Mill and Broken Oak. Mays Mill was very fun and Broken Oak was an absolute humbling joy to play. Great hosts, too. (y)
I have been telling KP I am coming to Broken Oak for years at this point. Will finally make it there 2 weeks from tomorrow.

You would probably have better luck leaving them on a random bench in the airport than stashing at Roots. It'd be more likely to see a transient wearing your clothes by the time you are done Roots, than someone messing with a random bag in the airport. Bonus points if you have a Russian flag or something you could add to your bag.
If it's got a Russian flag, you can just head straight to TSA to pick up your baggage

I have been telling KP I am coming to Broken Oak for years at this point. Will finally make it there 2 weeks from tomorrow.

Yes he was looking forward to your visit. I will be interested to see if I guessed one of your suggestions. :)

I'm surprised I've never peaked into this thread before. I've got one more big trip planned before the end of the year. I'll be headed to Asheville NC for Thanksgiving, and hope to pick up a couple new courses in that area. I've already hit Richmond Hill, so perhaps Jackson Park this time. Friday night I'm planning on heading to Charlotte, thus on Saturday morning i hope to hit my first course in that Metro. It may have to be a beginner friendly course as my Cousin may be coming along. Nevin/Hornets Nest will likely have too wait. Any suggestions?

I think I've seen video of Koling, Ulibarri, and others with a fun little course called Eager Beaver at Elon Park. Charlotte has a boat load of DG options, the only course I ever played there was Sugaw Creek. If I get there, I'll need a week to play almost everything Charlotte has to offer.

I'm surprised I've never peaked into this thread before. I've got one more big trip planned before the end of the year. I'll be headed to Asheville NC for Thanksgiving, and hope to pick up a couple new courses in that area. I've already hit Richmond Hill, so perhaps Jackson Park this time. Friday night I'm planning on heading to Charlotte, thus on Saturday morning i hope to hit my first course in that Metro. It may have to be a beginner friendly course as my Cousin may be coming along. Nevin/Hornets Nest will likely have too wait. Any suggestions?
I say go play Elon Park. Play Eager Beaver with Cuz, then sit him in a lawn chair with a couple beers....go play Angry Beaver. Or, show him a real course. Drive him home. Easy peasy.

l, so perhaps Jackson Park this time. Friday night I'm planning on heading to Charlotte, thus on Saturday morning i hope to hit my first course in that Metro. It may have to be a beginner friendly course as my Cousin may be coming along.

I liked Jackson a lot with good variety and Bailey Rd is very beginner friendly.

I'm coming from Finland to SF for holiday next week and was wondering if there is anything I need to take into account if I want to play Dela on next Monday?

Headed to Minnesota on Saturday for a concert and chiseling away at the hoard of courses over that way in the twin cities. The plan is 17 total courses, 15 new to me ones. @playrecords will be showing us around hopefully. Should be good times.

I'm curious to see what the new Cale designed VQ property looks like. Airborn Disc Golf Hollows

Also hitting BRP again for the second time, last played in 2017 or something like that. Another Cale design in Buck Hill, the redesign of The Valley, North Valley and some other random bags.

Oh, and some cones at Moir park

fuck yeah GIF

I'm coming from Finland to SF for holiday next week and was wondering if there is anything I need to take into account if I want to play Dela on next Monday?

Yes. It's overrated.

I'm currently in a hotel in Moab, Utah at 3:38am and can't sleep because I'm so excited to play Base Camp today!!!!!

You should be able to show up and play at any time. I would try to link up with a local though. There's a lot of history to that course that may be expounded and help with navigation/finding discs in the rough will be welcomed.

Just got back from Base Camp (Base Camp Adventure Lodge DGC) and I have to say that was one of the most craziest, awesome experiences I've ever had. I'm of course going to review it (look for that in the coming days) but I think I'm also going to write a detailed trip report (course discussion area probably, look out for that too) as the course itself is only part of the story. I'm hitting the course in town (Moab) tomorrow and then a few on the way back up North to Idaho. If you have the chance to play Base Camp, DO IT!

Latest posts