• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which would you prefer for a saturday? Ace Race or 3- 4.0 rated courses

Ace Race Or 3- 4.0 rated courses

• Ace race!

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • 3- 4.0 rated courses

Votes: 48 65.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ace Race, then play a round or 2 with the peeps there. Even though the Ace Race disc is **** this year it is still hella fun.

Well... I would go with the Ace Race with a casual round of play after that... especially if you meet some new discin' friends during the event....

Ace Race, then play a round or 2 with the peeps there. Even though the Ace Race disc is **** this year it is still hella fun.

The only way the ace race disc is sh*t is if you have no touch/finesse game. :p

Going for the ace race. the one I am headed to is at -Fore Palms DGC- a 3.7 rated 24 holer by itself (that i've never played) and play a round after on the regular course. Gonna sweeten the deal by getting a sunrise warmup match in @ waycross college in GA (a 9 holer i'd never drive out of the way to get to...but since i'm driving past it....)

so 2 new courses...not as high of rated...but i'll wait and take my trip northward to atlanta in december.

As far as college football.... Georgia fan... i'll be able to get that game on the radio until i hit the state line of florida

Going for the ace race. the one I am headed to is at -Fore Palms DGC- a 3.7 rated 24 holer by itself (that i've never played) and play a round after on the regular course. Gonna sweeten the deal by getting a sunrise warmup match in @ waycross college in GA (a 9 holer i'd never drive out of the way to get to...but since i'm driving past it....)

odds of me actually winning this thing...maybe 1%? :hfive: but I have a freind who's already offering me $10 for the bag...and i'm not a huge fan of ESP...so that may get traded. I figure...worst case I get 2 new courses...a free disc, a mini, and i'm out $5 :popcorn: cheaper than a movie ticket, and twice as much fun

so 2 new courses...not as high of rated...but i'll wait and take my trip northward to atlanta in december.

As far as college football.... Georgia fan... i'll be able to get that game on the radio until i hit the state line of florida

Ace races are only fun if you are playing with a bunch of friends. Otherwise, they are very boring events. I doubt you have a lot of friends 3.5 hours away so I would pick playing the 4.0 rated courses.

As an Ace Race fan, and a Metro-ATL native, I'd say go play the ace race and save the new course tour for December. I played the Oregon park AR, in Marietta, and it was a lot of fun. The putter took a little getting used to, but not nearly as much as playing a strange course. I'm more curious as to which courses you are planning on playing. I live in Midtown, so hit me up if you want a guide or suggestions on which to play in what order. I'll be going to Deer Lick this morning as well.

I managed to do an Ace race and about 4 or 5 other courses when I played here. None of them stellar courses but was a good day.

Go with Ace Race if you've never done one, the 4.0+ rated courses will still be there in December. The disc is good, let yourself be the one that makes that decision not other peoples opinions.

Voted for the 4.0 courses but did have fun this morning at my first ace race. Got some nice goodies, well worth the $25. Windy day and I scored a grand total of 0 aces and 0 metal. Still had fun.

Nothing wrong with ace races, but I'd go for the courses.

Then again, this is on a Saturday. I suppose it would depend on the crowds.

Latest posts