• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Whippet DX vs Star

Youll have to forgive my ignorance, but could you go a little bit more into the differences for me?

A pretty standard rule is that "premium" plastic will be more overstable. The scale from base to premium is DX - Pro - Star - Champion.

They released some as factory seconds. They also have glow champ whippets at dgvalues and Dynamic Discs right now.

bought a star whippet off of a regional pro 2 years ago, seems to have the same specs as its dx and kc 12x pro siblings. These 3 seem to fly similarly, I find the dx to be more stable for me, the star does not fade as hard and has a bit more glide. The dx make better a better fh roller oh skip, I'm guessing because the density diff between the plastics. Wish Innova would release a KC 13x Pro version of the kc 12x whippet, ASAP.

It's been forever since I've thrown or even seen a star Whippet in the normal mold, but I picked up one of the x-molds from the factory store when they hit the shelves. Definitely beefier than the dx...very nice.

I would like to get a star whip from the factory store, but the shipping on one disc is outrageous. If some people want to combine orders to save on shipping, count me in.

I just bought a DX Whippet and DX Viper to try out. So far in field practice with the Whippet it seems straighter than expected. I will be trying it on the course for a couple of holes tomorrow, hopefully it will deliver and save me a couple of strokes.

I've been getting into baseline plastic lately, and after seeing my DX Boss go from s-curve to flippy, I thought I'd start dabbling into some of the more over stable baselines and see what I could do with them. I'll definitely be trying out the Whippet next week. I may pick up some from the factory store along with those champ zephyrs. I feel like I've missed out on the progression of the game since I just started, so I'm starting off with the older discs (just got an Aero a couple weeks ago) and working my way up from there.

I actually found a star X whippet the other day (no name/info on disc). I'm not sure if it is one of those "factory" ones you guys are talking about, because it has a tournament stamp on the top. Could it be one of the factory ones y'all are talking about?

Great disc though :)

never tried a dx whip but I do have a star whippet x from the FS. its fairly domey but it flies very overstable and its predictable. exactly what I wanted and highly recommended.

i just got mine (star 163) in the mail yesterday, from the innova store
i have a pro-D 176 drone, that it will be replacing
i hope it will be more overstable than the drone (it wasn't as meat hook as i had hoped)
I will take it for a test drive tomorrow

Latest posts