• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Who else throws a Cro?

love my first run star. doesn't get thrown as much as it should. was my go to wind putter till I got my zone in a misprint pack

I had a P at doubles night throwing a Cro, when I grabbed it and handed it to him if it didn't have an Innova stamp on it I would of thought it a Buzzz. The profile seemed very very close.

Perhaps its something for people who want a base plastic Buzzz but don't want to deal with sucky Pro D?

I used to use my star crow as a driver. Could really put it on any line. I just had slight problems with the disc being to deep. Sometimes it would just catch on my fingers and pull way hard right. Good for sliding or bouncing approaches as well.

It's no Buzzz

I had a P at doubles night throwing a Cro, when I grabbed it and handed it to him if it didn't have an Innova stamp on it I would of thought it a Buzzz. The profile seemed very very close.

Perhaps its something for people who want a base plastic Buzzz but don't want to deal with sucky Pro D?

Cro is more stable than a Buzzz. At least in Star or Champ. I think it is a smaller diameter disc too. It doesn't really behave like a Buzzz at all.

I think it's probably the most popular Innova midrange outside Roc or Shark. It's hard to believe nobody else in your local games and tourneys uses it.

I have a few Cros and like them... but I do like Sharks a bit more.

I used to throw Star Cros when I was over-torqueing Buzzzs and Rocs last year. It is an unremarkable disc. It does not do anything poorly but it also does not excel at anything. It has non-descript glide and stability. When you are playing with a limited selection of discs, or a disc that does everything moderately well, the Star Cro was decent. However, if you are willing to carry more midranges, some with glide and others with the stability you like, you will likely not reach for the Cro often.

The Cro and Meteor are a good combination but when I carry more discs, I would rather carry a Drone, Star SM Roc, Star Ontario Roc, and ESP Meteor because they cover everything.

Good ole intermediate has a mean Cro forehand for approaches. I have tinkered with it, and had some success. Cro doesn't seem to be to be a disc that will be your horse, but for a few key shots a round it is $$$. I tis also an decent wind or emergency putter.

The CFR or Champ Cro's are even more stable. Great discs.

I rely heavily on my Cros.

Straight 250-275' shots, air-bounce approaches, forehand approaches, get-out-of-trouble controlled rollers and most importantly the best putter I've thrown.

Cros are an excellent wind disc.

to confirm sloppy's other post, Cro's are more stable than the Buzzz and smaller in diameter

I love my Star Cro. For me it is very consistent with a predictable smooth flight. Best thing is how it feels in my hand (I have small hands) and on the release. I used to throw a Roc, but I like the feel of the Cro better, and it has less fade at the end than my KC Roc.

^omg I don't think anyones thought of that before

Last edited:
It's hip to throw a Cro(Magnon)!

Cavemen.jpg

Latest posts