• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who's your pick to win the USDGC?

ParkerJ152

Bogey Member
As the subject says, Who do you think will win the USDGC this year?
I'm going with Team Oregon. I want Avery Jenkins to win, but I think it might be David Feldbergs year.

Cale Leviska or Paul Ulibari

i'll root for anyone Not on team Innova since everyone is obsessed with them

ps. Picking the reigning world champ isnt exactly going out on a limb.

Anyone from team HUK Lab! Hopefully Feldberg.

isnt picking Feldberg bandwagonish?? and make for a boring discussion?
Well, the question was "who do you think will win?", not "who would you like to see win?", or "who are you rooting for?"

pick/rooting-for whatever - it just seems really "safe" cause everyone else is saying the same thing

or everyone has some kind of mancrush on him

a better convo would be What non-previous Worlds or USDGC winner has the best shot to win the USDGC?
but it would probably still suck because most people have only heard of like 5 guys anyways.

pick/rooting-for whatever - it just seems really "safe" cause everyone else is saying the same thing

or everyone has some kind of mancrush on him

a better convo would be What non-previous Worlds or USDGC winner has the best shot to win the USDGC?
but it would probably still suck because most people have only heard of like 5 guys anyways.

The fact of the matter is there are only 5 or 6 guys that have the skill and mental focus to play that many exceptional rounds in a row. Guys like Kenny, Barry, Feldberg and Doss can. Other players have the talent but it takes a true champion mentally to put it all together round after round

i'll definitely buy that

it seems like worlds and USDGC are the big two tourneys & the winner's names are always thrown around - are there any other "majors"? or motions in the works to get more big tourneys?

it seems like worlds and USDGC are the big two tourneys & the winner's names are always thrown around - are there any other "majors"? or motions in the works to get more big tourneys?
Technically speaking, there are several "majors." One of them was just last weekend, the U S Womens Disc Golf Championship. The weekend before we had another "major," the U S Masters Disc Golf Championship. There is also the U S Amateur Disc Golf Championships and the Amateur World's Championship.

The problem with them is that the top Men's players are not eligible to compete. The only other "major" that is open to the top MPO players and played in the United States is the Players Cup, which is held in Florida in November when everybody is watching football and has totally forgotten about "pro" disc golf.

Usually the European Championship and the Japan Open are also called majors. This year the Scandinavian Open and the Japan Open were designated as majors. You don't hear much about those events, either.

So yes, technically there are more "majors." Realistically, there are only two.

Three Putt,

How are these "majors" determined and by who, do you know? I'm assuming they have to be at least a national tour event?

Can an AM event really be a "major"?

Schweberger could win it. I'd love to see that happen.

Steve Rico is the Phil Mickelson of DG. He's always near the top, but he just can't seem to break through at the Big 2 Majors.

Latest posts