• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley to TN/NC and back

Played Panther creek and Morristown Kiwanis today. Both were a lot of fun. Beautiful drive from up by Lexington down to Morristown too. Excellent weather as well.

Yes that is a beautiful drive. Southern Appalachians are just gorgeous.

I'll definitely consider Redeemer. I've heard lots of good things about it. There's too many nice looking options on that route. I was I had more time.

I understand! I only get to spend about 4 days a year in MI. That doesn't even cover one area well, much less the entire LP. I quickly found out trying to plan 4 days in MN/WI to get all the best courses likely would need 4 weeks, not 4 days. How many years til retirement?

Day 3 in the books. Played Harmon, which was fantastic. Better than I was expecting actually. Followed that up with 27 at Warriors path. Old school style course. Loved it. Lot's of tight wooded golf which is my favorite. Great start so far and right on schedule. Almost hit an ace with my Z Comet too. A bit low but off the pole.

Going to relax this evening and rest up for course #650 tomorrow.

Day 3 in the books. Played Harmon, which was fantastic. Better than I was expecting actually. Followed that up with 27 at Warriors path. Old school style course. Loved it. Lot's of tight wooded golf which is my favorite. Great start so far and right on schedule. Almost hit an ace with my Z Comet too. A bit low but off the pole.

Going to relax this evening and rest up for course #650 tomorrow.

Love Warriors!!! One if my favorite extinct courses is/was right down the road, Fossil Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You couldn't ask for a better day to play Sugaree tomorrow. Clear, high of 70 with light wind. We are 10 days away from full leaf-out, with lot's of birds chirping. My favorite time of the year !

You couldn't ask for a better day to play Sugaree tomorrow. Clear, high of 70 with light wind. We are 10 days away from full leaf-out, with lot's of birds chirping. My favorite time of the year !

Tomorrow can't get here soon enough. 😁

Day 4's in the books. And what a good one it was. Got up early and headed to Sugaree. That place is, without a doubt, my favorite course. It's one great hole after another, and seems like it somehow gets better as the round goes on. Just an unbelievable place with the nicest host you could ask for. We played the Full Monty layout too. Something like 30 holes. If I didn't play another course the rest of this trip it'd still be totally worth it.

We did play 2 more though 😁

Stopped into Roan mountain park for a bit, which is a beautiful park. Then played Roan mountain DGC. Pretty bland but we were there.

Decided to play Winged Deer too, which is excellent by the way. Shocked we were able to get all of that in. Should be an easier day tomorrow.

Day 4's in the books. And what a good one it was. Got up early and headed to Sugaree. That place is, without a doubt, my favorite course. It's one great hole after another, and seems like it somehow gets better as the round goes on. Just an unbelievable place with the nicest host you could ask for. We played the Full Monty layout too. Something like 30 holes. If I didn't play another course the rest of this trip it'd still be totally worth it.
The pleasure was all mine, to have you roll in for #650. The unexpected delight was finding out your wife plays too, and is only a few courses behind you. Days like today are what makes having a private course worth perserving, even when it doesn't make much sense. Thanks!

The pleasure was all mine, to have you roll in for #650. The unexpected delight was finding out your wife plays too, and is only a few courses behind you. Days like today are what makes having a private course worth perserving, even when it doesn't make much sense. Thanks!

It's even better when you find out she plays better than him!

:p

The pleasure was all mine, to have you roll in for #650.

There couldn't have been a better place to accomplish it at. Alyssa loved it too.

There's a brand new course in Big Stone Gap called the Ridge. Very wooded. go to North East tennessee disc golf page for more info, if you have FB.

I hope I didn't give you a bum steer today. Iv'e never played it,but like the pics. Don't forget to take the BRP, it's actually quicker than 105 which is under construction. You are in for a real treat, when you meet Riverdog. He is a treasure!

I hope I didn't give you a bum steer today. Iv'e never played it,but like the pics. Don't forget to take the BRP, it's actually quicker than 105 which is under construction. You are in for a real treat, when you meet Riverdog. He is a treasure!

No not at all. I actually liked Emory and Henry the most today. The other 2 courses were fine, but left an empty feeling. And that " back 9" at Steele creek 😠

No not at all. I actually liked Emory and Henry the most today. The other 2 courses were fine, but left an empty feeling. And that " back 9" at Steele creek 😠
Sugar Hollow is a top 100 course world-wide, on Udisc...

I just don't see how besides amenities, but that's what people care about now I guess.

Mando,

That qualifier "on Udisc" is the essential element here. Since there are several inherent fundamental flaws with Udisc ratings (2 bigees jump to mind) any ranking based on Udisc ratings is suspect and has very limited reliability. DGCR continues to be the best place on the planet for both reliable ratings and informative course reviews.
(I would sure LOVE to see Sugaree brought out of retirement on DGCR and placed back on active status here!! There are still enough new users coming here that it would increase traffic at Sugareee too.)

Played Ashe county today. Fun course, beautiful area. Some crazy holes once you get in the woods. Headed east after that and played Ramcat with Riverdog, which was a blast. Wore us out too, that's some hilly terrain. Riverdog has so many cool stories.

Supposed to rain tomorrow. Try to get Ft. Hamby or Rolling pines in, we'll see. Or else something on the way to Charleston.

Got 3 more courses in today. Ft. Hamby first in the rain. Played the short tees. Awesome wooded course with lots of elevation. My kind of course.

The rain let up which was nice, so we played Rolling pines. Nice course. Hilly and more open than Hamby, but still enough trees to keep it interesting. Surprised it rated as high as it is, good course though.

Drove to Princeton WV and played Glenwood park which was really nice too. Just a fun all around course. Made it up to Charleston by 6. Successful day. Probably hit one up by Charleston tomorrow then head over to Huntington. 2 over there at least, maybe 3, depending what my legs have to say about it 😁

Three more courses yesterday. Started off with 18 holes at Redeemer-Yellow. Fun course. Very unique with lots of man made features. Thanks to nothinbuttree for suggesting it.

Followed that up with the Rotary/Indian Rock combo. Both excellent, but exhausting. Especially Indian Rock. Managed to shoot a -4 on it though. Headed to the 2 Armco courses right now. More hills, yay 😁