• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith a longer Tbird?

Well, the Wraith is longer, but I dont think it is "a longer Tbird".

Closest thing I have thrown to being "a longer Tbird" is a Viking. Others would say a PD.

The PD or Striker are the only two discs I know of that might actually qualify for "longer Teebird." Personally, I wouldn't want anything longer than a Teebird for a "main driver."

i would go with the viking it seems to hold the same line but may come off a little less straight from the release point hss -1 t bird is 0

In ball golf terms, my Teebird is my Phil Mickelson driver. And my Katana (used to use a Wraith) is my Happy Gilmore driver. :)

A Wraith is so much faster than a Teebird, and when new, SO much more overstable. For me, I keep a Katana in my bag, which is similar to a Wraith in purpose, I think. I only throw it if I need max distance on a relatively open shot. I can't control it well enough to use it in the woods. And as with any super fast disc, if you throw it wrong, it just goes the wrong way...faster! :D

As a rule of thumb, I would never recommend one of these fast discs (Wraith, Katana, Nuke, Destroyer, Boss, etc. etc. etc. etc.) for a player with less than 300' power. For most players, all of those discs are going to act more like a TeeRex than they will a Teebird...as in, they're going to dive left with 100% consistency.

Last edited:
Depending on how far your throwing, you might want to stick with the TeeBird. Even if you could add maybe 15 feet on your drives, is it worth sacrificing the accuracy of the teebird?

O.P.
Learn how to throw your Tee-Bird 350 ft. Just because it says fairway driver on it does not mean it cant go far. It used to be stamped as an ultra long stright driver. I would stick with it till you are least breaking 325 consistantly.

I'd have to agree that the Wraith is more stable than the Tee-Bird, thus you may get more fade (and sooner) if your arm speed / disc speed aren't up to par.

I can throw my Wraith on a pretty straight line 300'+...on a decent day, anyhow.

So was the Stingray, for that matter...

New Stingrays are different though, somehow. My old one that I have had for 10 years can do a really long turnover drive, but the newer ones I have tried are much shorther and turn a lot harder, requiring more hyzer.

I dont know what is different because they look the same but there has to be something. Maybe its just mental.

EDIT: Referencing Technohic about Stingrays...

I think they were changed...all I know is I had a Stingray back in '93. That and a Viper. Cutting edge disc technology. COuldn't throw them to save my life.

Wish I still had them, because they were the latest and greatest at the time, with the old-style stamps. I did pick up an old Viper a few months ago, just for kicks...

The Teebird has 3 defining characteristics that make it one of the most popular discs of all time. It holds its line for 80-90% of its flight, does this at a very large range of speeds, and it always fades predictably at the end.

So now the question is, what faster disc possesses those 3 qualities? I've thrown almost every disc made, and only two meet the above criteria...Millenium Orion LF and the Discmania PD. Every other driver mentioned in this thread can be thrown on a line that somewhat mimics the Teebird, but fails horribly when considering speed sensitivity and predictability/consistency.

The TL (teebird long) flies longer than the teebird, and holds a similar line. A worn wraith has a much sharper fade at the end of its flight than the teebird. A new wraith has a significantly larger high speed fade than a worn wraith, or a teebird.

The Teebird has 3 defining characteristics that make it one of the most popular discs of all time. It holds its line for 80-90% of its flight, does this at a very large range of speeds, and it always fades predictably at the end.

So now the question is, what faster disc possesses those 3 qualities? I've thrown almost every disc made, and only two meet the above criteria...Millenium Orion LF and the Discmania PD. Every other driver mentioned in this thread can be thrown on a line that somewhat mimics the Teebird, but fails horribly when considering speed sensitivity and predictability/consistency.

My PD is slowly pushing my MOLF out of the bag :)

Whats a good main driver thats longer than the tbird...Wraith?

Try a Star Starfire... It may be a little much for you right away depending on how far you can through now, but if you can put a teebird over 325ft, this disc would be great for you...Oh, that and when they beat in bit they are money. I don't have one in my bag currently, but when I was beginning to add distance to my game, this was one of my favorite straight distance drivers.