• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Your best disc "discovery" of 2016.

Atlas in all plastics - hit and stick, no skips and when you smack a tree it wont fly off into Narnia. The best midrange for forehand as well.

Nova - more throw ins from 120-150' this year than any other season. I know if I miss the basket it will just hit/stick and not trail too far.

Star Destroyer - late to the game on this disc not sure why I waited.

Star Orc - again, late to the game on this one too, so much control for distance forehands.

I actually meant Serpent. I get the two names confused. Fail!

Two other points:

1.) I actually don't mind the 16AR. I bag one but it hardly ever gets thrown, so I didn't put it on my list.

2.) The OP should have had "DISCovery" in the thread title. Huge missed opportunity there.

My best move may have been going back to a Leopard for US/straight fairway. I lost the Trak I had in that slot early in the year, and never looked back. Don't know why I ever took the Leopard out. I played a couple tourneys this year (MXG in particular) where I used the Leopard for 70%+ of my tee shots; just feel like I can do anything with it. Hyzer, anny, lazer straight, max power, touch shots, rollers, it really does it all.

I have been playing for a little over a year now. I have tried a lot of discs but the Zone and the Serpent are always going to have a spot in my bag.

:D:rolleyes: please tell me you're joking hahaha. If you ARE joking...then, GOOD ONE, if not....:|:|:|

I've been playing for more than a decade and really liked this year's Ace Race disc.

I threw it a couple times, close to 400' on a super straight line.

Guess that type of shot isn't useful for you.

To each their own.

I've been playing for more than a decade and really liked this year's Ace Race disc.

I threw it a couple times, close to 400' on a super straight line.

Guess that type of shot isn't useful for you.

To each their own.

It's all good. I was just joking anyway. It was just a bit too flippy for me, but in winter it may be nice with lack of power/footing.

Of course, to each their own, its all good. :hfive:

My best disc move/replacement of 2016 would have to be going from the Mace back to the Verdict. It is a lot more consistent and there are some really good stable versions.

My second would have to be picking up the Nova again. It is such a good disc for me for upshots and drives off the tee. One other purpose it serves it to clean up my form.

My best disc move/replacement of 2016 would have to be going from the Mace back to the Verdict. It is a lot more consistent and there are some really good stable versions.

My second would have to be picking up the Nova again. It is such a good disc for me for upshots and drives off the tee. One other purpose it serves it to clean up my form.

Yeah, I've bee searching for a good "truth" but ended up going back to the Verdict. I was lucky to get some verdicts that started out OS but now fly like how I wanted the truth to be. My favorite pickup this year was a decodye Bard. Consistently OS.

:D:rolleyes: please tell me you're joking hahaha. If you ARE joking...then, GOOD ONE, if not....:|:|:|

the name of the thread is ""Your" best discovery".

but none the less, it's a solid disc and it IS in the bag. once it beats in a little it will likely replace my x stratus.

the name of the thread is ""Your" best discovery".

but none the less, it's a solid disc and it IS in the bag. once it beats in a little it will likely replace my x stratus.

Hopefully, it becomes a production model. Discraft is scheduled to announce their plans sometime this month.

Prodiscus Jokeri, already knocked the Harp and Verdict out of the bag, got an ace with it and numerous birdies with it or due to a drive from it.