• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Your best disc "discovery" of 2016.

The new 2016 Ace Race disc.

I am a BH Lefty, so under stable stuff is alway welcome. It could be my form but the discs throws very easy and has a strong glide. I bought a bunch and had my buddies test them and they found the disc to be an easy throw as well.

I noticed as it has gotten colder the disc is more under stable for me. The disc firmed up quite a bit. When it was 80 degrees out I could get it to be a stable disc with an adjustment in my wrist snap. Reminds me of a better version of a Stratus. It replaced the Stratus in my bag this year. I would like to see it in other plastics, well Z, just to see if there is any difference. Best part is my scores improved.

I also liked the Proof, not bagged yet. Still in testing. Same with the Sling.

Could be an old school mold. Could be something brand new for the year. Or perhaps one you have been hearing about the last year or two and just haven't gotten around to trying it until this year. What is your favorite find for 2016.

The Truth. It's a midrange and fairway driver all in one. Feels and flies great BH and FH. 275' and in go to.

Putter: Reko
Sleek, smooth and dead straight. These are the best putting putters I've ever used. I clicked immediately and have been a more confident putter since the moment I fondled the mini bead...

Mid: Bard
I am a Roc fiend. The Bard is a USDGC Roc that can be had at rock bottom prices. My $10 X Out has become a workhorse that I can trust in any wind

Driver: Tyrant
This may be cheating, but the Tyrant performs EXACTLY how I had hoped. They're beefy but capable of distance, precision and overall utility. I throw them A TON and I plan to for the rest of my career.

I can't settle it down to just one because each of these molds made positive impacts on every round I've played this year.

Putter: Reko
Sleek, smooth and dead straight. These are the best putting putters I've ever used. I clicked immediately and have been a more confident putter since the moment I fondled the mini bead...

Mid: Bard
I am a Roc fiend. The Bard is a USDGC Roc that can be had at rock bottom prices. My $10 X Out has become a workhorse that I can trust in any wind

Driver: Tyrant
This may be cheating, but the Tyrant performs EXACTLY how I had hoped. They're beefy but capable of distance, precision and overall utility. I throw them A TON and I plan to for the rest of my career.

I can't settle it down to just one because each of these molds made positive impacts on every round I've played this year.

Jamie, where's a good place to pick up some Kastaplast? I'm having a doozy of a time finding more than a couple of discs here and there.

Jamie, where's a good place to pick up some Kastaplast? I'm having a doozy of a time finding more than a couple of discs here and there.

I picked my Reko stack up from 1020 I think they're called.

I think we still. Have some RDG stamped Kaxe and KaxeZ too.

I finally started throwing the beat in KC Pro Roc I found years ago. All this time I've been throwing buzzzes, but I've become convinced that I'm actually a Roc guy.

I found out that the wraith is the right distance driver for my arm speed.

I have actually been messing around with my putting putter slot for the first time in 5 years. I have been throwing Yetis since the day they came out, but I had a couple of rough tourneys and decided to mix it up.

I had picked up an RDG Serpent with an order early in the year and realized that I hadn't actually thrown it yet, so I took it out and have it a shot. It was basically love at first putt. Dead straight but with low glide so I could really go at the basket without worrying about a huge blow by. That night, I ordered two more and have been putting with since. The Fossil plastic is getting a bit stiff now that it is actually below 50', but I am going to stick with it. Additionally, this means that I get to pull out an old 171 SSS Magic to use on jump putts and have basically the same feel in the hand.

I discovered the 9 holer in the town where I work. Very fun course, pretty long.

Great for a longer lunch hour. Work on many different shots.
Good walk, pleasant never crowded time near the lake/ woods.

My game has picked up greatly, just because of this one course.

That's my main DISCovery of 2016. Lol

Just recently discovered the Discmania CD2 after throwing every other mold discmania makes. For some reason I had avoided throwing it because I had this picture in my head that they would be flippy and useless but it has absolutely proved me wrong. If there is a baby destroyer out there the CD2 is it! So dead straight and excellent distance potential. I think this disc is going to become a staple in my bag in 2017.

Just recently discovered the Discmania CD2 after throwing every other mold discmania makes. For some reason I had avoided throwing it because I had this picture in my head that they would be flippy and useless but it has absolutely proved me wrong. If there is a baby destroyer out there the CD2 is it! So dead straight and excellent distance potential. I think this disc is going to become a staple in my bag in 2017.

I'm in the same boat, have had a g line for a while but new it was pretty similar to my lightly seasoned g line pd. Now that I've worn it in a little it's an awesome disc. Snagged a few swirlies and hoping to beat the g line in to take duties away from my sidewinder. There are instances where I wanna throw a pd but know it's still going to bite a little hard at the end, I'm throwing the cd2 more and more.

Harp - Game-changer. OS driving putter, BH or FH upshots and wind putts. Knocked about 4 discs out of the bag.

Seer - first US fairway driver that I have truly "clicked" with. One of my primary drivers now off the tee for straight and straight-turnover shots.

Sorcerer - A distance driver I can actually throw!! I've gotten some of my longest throws ever with a 155g Air Sorcerer.

beat in moonshine havoc. I use it for long hyzer flip forehands...game changer. On wooded courses the understable hyzer flip fh has been so clutch

I've tried the Relay, Defy, Vanish, Atom, Spin, Signal, Matrix, Vision, and I think one other disc I can't even remember right now. By far the best discovery was the Relay. I now have 2 and already want one in Plasma and Proton. Defy and Matrix have been the 2 others that made the bag permanently.

I traded for a C-Line CD2 a few weeks ago. I'd never thrown one before that. It's definitely a good mold. I won't make my bag because it overlaps with my Teebirds & PDs. It very similar to my seasoned C-PD that has some turn (though my seasoned PD needs a little more power to fly like the CD2 does at less power). It's a very underrated mold IMO. I never see anyone throwing a CD2 out on the course. It definitely should get some more love than its currently getting.

I traded for a C-Line CD2 a few weeks ago. I'd never thrown one before that. It's definitely a good mold. I won't make my bag because it overlaps with my Teebirds & PDs. It very similar to my seasoned C-PD that has some turn (though my seasoned PD needs a little more power to fly like the CD2 does at less power). It's a very underrated mold IMO. I never see anyone throwing a CD2 out on the course. It definitely should get some more love than its currently getting.

Is the PD pretty seasoned? I have gotten in the business of buying molds that I can get stock backups of...I don't seem to have the time or patience to season discs any more. I'm hoping that I can use CD2s in lieu of old run beat S PDs