• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your first ace. What was the disc?

Z Avenger on old #3.B (doesn't exist anymore) at Tyler State Park...roughly 260' 270'.

A star katana/wraith x out that I found in the lake. I lost my katana in the lake and took the katana/wraith to another short 9 holer. Didn't expect to even come close but it kicked off a tree and hit the chains. This was before I learned about what discs I should be throwing and was on a 247 ft hole. This was last June. I don't even throw Katanas now! Thanks to this site I have learned that that disc was way to much for me.

This is a GREAT argument against the "Disc Down" crowd.

I have 3 Aces with Katanas:

Pro Katana (BH Hyzer) - 210 Feet
Champ Katana (FH Laser) - 265 feet
Star Katana (Long BH Turnover) - 305 feet

Curiously, have you obtained more Aces with your new, "more appropriate" discs?

I have had less aces since I have been working on proper form/ good disc selection. However, since I have changed my game, I have been shooting for birdies rather than aces to limit roll aways etc.

My first ace was on a 230 ft. no look hyzer at ICC DGC at the coege I went to last year. Aced with an elite x predator. I had only been playing a couple months and my friend and I were amazed! Thought we were pros lol.

Anyzered 168' Star Roadrunner blind shot #9B Jaycee Park Quarry in Sheboygan

Flick'd a beat Pro Destroyer on a 350 foot hole, no skip, straight in, probably plays more like 310-320 though.

This is a GREAT argument against the "Disc Down" crowd.

I have 3 Aces with Katanas:

Pro Katana (BH Hyzer) - 210 Feet
Champ Katana (FH Laser) - 265 feet
Star Katana (Long BH Turnover) - 305 feet

Curiously, have you obtained more Aces with your new, "more appropriate" discs?

Sadly no I have not. But I can throw a tee bird or sidewinder the same or better distance, that what I can throw a Katana, now. I have hit the basket several times with a wasp and BUZZZ. I do believe that my form has improved thru the discing down techinque. In all fairness it really wouldn't have matter had I not banked it off the tree. Total luck!

Last edited:
326 foot tomahawk with a beat DX Destroyer. The disc barrel rolled and the flattened out and slammed the chains. I was playing by myself but someone was walking between holes and saw it. It's my only true ACE I got so far.

Dave Combs

Glo Valk on a '150 foot hole. I think that ace is what got me hooked enough to practice may way out of being a beginner.

#2 @ Baraboo with an orange 175g DX Raven ... one of the first two new discs I ever bought (you can probably guess the other). High floating s-curve.

Latest posts