• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your method to Charge Glow Discs

I haven't played a glow round. If you charge glow discs, did you use a UV, or regular white LED flashlight?

If you use glow tape, what kind?
An LED flashlight will just make your eyes strobe. If you enjoyed LSD at one point. That may be quite alright. But. A UV light will charge discs a lot faster, and the light is much more functional, and nature has loads of stuff that pops in UV light that is way cooler for that other stuff you may or may not have eaten earlier. I mean, when you were younger.

A local legend made a bunch of "glow rollers". Looks a bit like a toaster but the inside is lined with UV LED's.

You pop the disc in, it activates the LED's, give it a couple of spins from the top (imagine the toast is slightly protruding from the toaster) and you're good to go. The disc spins on some rollers in the bottom of the toaster. It's brilliant.

Going to try and squeeze 18 holes in after work. Should be pretty dark on the last few holes. Going to bring a glow Roc and my UV light and see if I can finish the round without losing anything.

This video tests and compares 6 brands of glow discs.

The winner for brightness and duration was Kastaplast!

https://youtu.be/19KtoAbLq7A

I doubt that's 2021 Kasta! 2021 Kasta is not as bright as previous years. MVP 2.0 blows everything out of the water. Our Launch Disc Golf Glow is better than this years Kasta's and similar to previous years Kasta but still way behind MVP's which is radioactive.

As for what I use to Glow Discs up, we use these -

I use glow discs only and use a a black light LED flashlight and it works well. I tried the led lights and packing tape and it works okay but makes the discs less stable due to anti gyro effect.

You can mitigate this effect by using a small amount of glo tape, you really only need a 1x1 inch square. I see people using giant long slabs of tape like 5x5 and that will add significant weight to the disc.

I have found that using a small amount works and has very little weight and therefore much less change on flight. Keep an eye on your disc and you shouldn't have any problems.

The LED lights are a significant weight. Some people don't mind and just ensure they keep in mind it will make discs slightly more understable. I've seen people throw great glow golf with those lights.

Swap out the tape yearly to keep it fresh, apply indoors in a warmer temperature so tape seals.

I doubt that's 2021 Kasta! 2021 Kasta is not as bright as previous years. MVP 2.0 blows everything out of the water. Our Launch Disc Golf Glow is better than this years Kasta's and similar to previous years Kasta but still way behind MVP's which is radioactive.

Yes, that's right. The video is 1 year old.

That's a lot like what I did to my Mahal. Worked really well.

You can mitigate this effect by using a small amount of glo tape, you really only need a 1x1 inch square. I see people using giant long slabs of tape like 5x5 and that will add significant weight to the disc.

I have found that using a small amount works and has very little weight and therefore much less change on flight. Keep an eye on your disc and you shouldn't have any problems.

The LED lights are a significant weight. Some people don't mind and just ensure they keep in mind it will make discs slightly more understable. I've seen people throw great glow golf with those lights.

Swap out the tape yearly to keep it fresh, apply indoors in a warmer temperature so tape seals.

I've seen that work well, and may try it this year. My glow bag is 90% g2g but putters and the rare distance driver shot.

I've seen that work well, and may try it this year. My glow bag is 90% g2g but putters and the rare distance driver shot.

Yep. One small piece in the middle on both sides. Put it on indoors and really press it down, if you have a blow dryer even better run that over it for a minute or so and give it a full day to set in and it will stick really well.

Yep. One small piece in the middle on both sides. Put it on indoors and really press it down, if you have a blow dryer even better run that over it for a minute or so and give it a full day to set in and it will stick really well.

This is great info, and waaay cheaper than buying a few more rarely used molds. Thx!

This is cool. I really need a drink holder on any bag though. I wonder how well the power pack works in zero degree and below (F). Though, LED's don't really take much power, really cold weather zaps battery power. In Michigan, pretty cold temps at night is real. I also would need some more storage space. Again, cold weather requires some extra gear getting put on an pulled off. Still a very cool idea.