• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your method to Charge Glow Discs

I doubt that's 2021 Kasta! 2021 Kasta is not as bright as previous years. MVP 2.0 blows everything out of the water. Our Launch Disc Golf Glow is better than this years Kasta's and similar to previous years Kasta but still way behind MVP's which is radioactive.

As for what I use to Glow Discs up, we use these -

Glow Cipher? We going to see any of those in the US?

There were some at Infinite I think, not sure if still there, we've got lots more in production, plus another 6 drivers

This is cool. I really need a drink holder on any bag though. I wonder how well the power pack works in zero degree and below (F). Though, LED's don't really take much power, really cold weather zaps battery power. In Michigan, pretty cold temps at night is real. I also would need some more storage space. Again, cold weather requires some extra gear getting put on an pulled off. Still a very cool idea.

It's designed to fit in our satchel bags which have a drinks holder and more pockets although can be used standalone. I prefer it in the satchel as there's a flap which you can cover the light with and save your night vision (it's blinding!)

The original plan was a heated bag with the LED so you could pull a nice warm disc out of the bag even in cold weather (I'm becoming a fairweather primadonna in my old age!) but that killed the power bank at a crazy rate! We tested out just the LED's in a freezer and it had hours of life.

Yep still there! https://infinitediscs.com/Search-Results?search_text=cipher

Thanks for the review by the way!

Edit: They're not the colour stamp Glows and I can't remember how good the glow is in those ones. The Colour stamp ones were superb but I have a feeling we may have put a bit less glow material in the single stamps to do them a bit cheaper. Glow material in Europe is pricy!

Yep still there! https://infinitediscs.com/Search-Results?search_text=cipher

Thanks for the review by the way!

Edit: They're not the colour stamp Glows and I can't remember how good the glow is in those ones. The Colour stamp ones were superb but I have a feeling we may have put a bit less glow material in the single stamps to do them a bit cheaper. Glow material in Europe is pricy!

No worries man, the full color Cipher I have is really nice and I'm rounding out the glow bag. If it's not too bright I'll throw some glow tape on it.

Yep. One small piece in the middle on both sides. Put it on indoors and really press it down, if you have a blow dryer even better run that over it for a minute or so and give it a full day to set in and it will stick really well.

I bought a role of 2" tape off Amazon. Because I'm really cool I cut it in a circle and apply to center of each side of the discs. Works great.

The shape actually serves a purpose because I can ID my disc versus my card mates.

No worries man, the full color Cipher I have is really nice and I'm rounding out the glow bag. If it's not too bright I'll throw some glow tape on it.

It will be good and better than Innova/Discraft Glows it just might not be quite at the Kasta 2020/RPM/MVP level.

I'm figuring out that DX glow isn't the best at holding a charge but I'm pleasantly surprised that color glow R-Pro isn't too shabby.

It's designed to fit in our satchel bags which have a drinks holder and more pockets although can be used standalone. I prefer it in the satchel as there's a flap which you can cover the light with and save your night vision (it's blinding!)

The original plan was a heated bag with the LED so you could pull a nice warm disc out of the bag even in cold weather (I'm becoming a fairweather primadonna in my old age!) but that killed the power bank at a crazy rate! We tested out just the LED's in a freezer and it had hours of life.

Thanks for the additional info.

VERY glad you stayed away from heated discs. They are a tragedy in the snow. They collect ice and snow when heated. It is always a mistake to have your bag in the car, instead of the trunk, on the way to the course.

Around here, snow and glow go together often.

DX glow is super bright but fades soooo fast

Thanks. I'm pretty new to glow but that is what the DX did for me. Lit up really bright but you throw it and bu the time you walk to the disc it just doesn't have much glow left.

It will be good and better than Innova/Discraft Glows it just might not be quite at the Kasta 2020/RPM/MVP level.

Look at the man underselling the hell out of his disc here.

Got my glow Cipher, regular single color stamp and it glows so well. The only longer flowing disc I have is the MVP 2.0 eclipse. I had a cipher in my car, just laying in the seat, went into work and when I came out at lunch the glow was visible in full sunlight. On a sunny day as well.

Hit it with the led flashlight and it's very bright.

If you are going to do this every week, get the 100 LED 395nm UV flashlight, it seems hold up better. I have a stack of 51 LED flashlights that seem to be good for about a year and then I would drop them at some point I could no longer get the connections to mate up and I just moved to the 100 LED light.

As for charging your disc, put the flashlight and the discs behind your butt and turn on the light, you will not blind your card. Be sure no one is behind you when you do this. We used to play with this guy Marty that always had something to say about how some people charged their discs, claimed it impacted his play. Frankly, he could have been throwing in the middle of the day and would not have made a difference. But, he was correct about charging discs.

If you are going to do this every week, get the 100 LED 395nm UV flashlight, it seems hold up better. I have a stack of 51 LED flashlights that seem to be good for about a year and then I would drop them at some point I could no longer get the connections to mate up and I just moved to the 100 LED light.

As for charging your disc, put the flashlight and the discs behind your butt and turn on the light, you will not blind your card. Be sure no one is behind you when you do this. We used to play with this guy Marty that always had something to say about how some people charged their discs, claimed it impacted his play. Frankly, he could have been throwing in the middle of the day and would not have made a difference. But, he was correct about charging discs.

Friend brought a 365nm and it was nearly invisible. Charged well.

Friend brought a 365nm and it was nearly invisible. Charged well.

Agreed. I switched from 390nm to 365nm this year and immediately bought another one for my wife. The difference in the amount of visible light leakage makes it worth the increased price. Seems to charge discs faster as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X3RMF3N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Instead of a white light we carry a red LED flashlight for emergencies as well.

I am using a seven bulb blacklight LED flashlight for glow. Works great. I have never needed more light than this to charge glow disc. More light is just more to manage from a night vision standpoint, IMO.

Now my REAL problem is finding glow plastic. Christ, I really need an understable fairway/driver. Nobody seems to have much glow plastic.

I gave up on trying to trying to use glow discs for night rounds and much prefer having a nice thin LED taped neatly underneath. For the last several years, I have had a dedicated bag setup just for glow rounds and its super convenient having it always ready to go.

Using LEDs also lets me use discs that are wonderful flyers but terribly colored. (I.E. my pearly tye dyed FAF Firebird)

I gave up on trying to trying to use glow discs for night rounds and much prefer having a nice thin LED taped neatly underneath. For the last several years, I have had a dedicated bag setup just for glow rounds and its super convenient having it always ready to go.

Using LEDs also lets me use discs that are wonderful flyers but terribly colored. (I.E. my pearly tye dyed FAF Firebird)

How does it hold up to tree kicks? The one and only glow round I've played, I saw glow tape fly off discs twice on tree hit.

Latest posts