Water in play
Private course, maintained by the Brackett family. Mostly wooded with tight fairways and a lot of variety and elevation change. Some of the most unique shots in the Charlotte area. There are long and short tees on holes 8 & 9 and 4 extra holes intertwined for a possible full round of 22 holes.
Membership Required: 1/2 year membership (current date through Dec 2020) $50 to play all you like or $5 on select days for non members to play. Please contact Dave Brackett for membership details or questions. 704-201-0833
Donation box on hole #1.
Multiple Tees / Pins:
No / No
Rounds Recorded / Average Score:
27 / 64
22 / 65
Not cart friendly
Pay to play
I-85 to Exit 55, Poplar Tent.
Off the exit ramp, go west on Davidson Hwy/ SR-73. Go ~4 miles.
Turn RIGHT onto Odell School Rd. (At the first stop light)
Follow Odell School Road for a long time (past Odell School)
Veer LEFT to stay on Odell School Rd. (It becomes Windy Rd. if you veer to the right.)
Turn LEFT onto Sudbury and follow till it ends.
Turn LEFT onto Davidson Rd. This road changes names to “E. Rocky River Rd.” Go 1.9 miles
Turn RIGHT onto Shearer. Go about 1.1 miles
20748 Shearer Rd. Look for a gravel drive on the right across from a power station. There’s a big boulder near the driveway as well as the bright yellow rock. Stay to the left down the driveway.
Directions from 77--
- 77 North to the Davidson Exit #30 (across the bridge).
- Right at the top of the Exit.
- Follow till it ends and take a right at the light onto Main St.
- Next road on the left, turn left there onto Davison Concord Road.
- This road will change to East Rocky River Rd.
- Take a left at the cross road onto Shearer.
- Follow Shearer 1 mile, look for a gravel drive on the right with the bright yellow rock. Stay to the left down the driveway.
If the driveway is full, there is a grass lot on Shearer Rd. Do not park at the house facing Shearer Rd, and don't drive through the yard.