Tyler, TX
Noble E. Young DGC Share
Uploaded By: chalos13   (Taken 5/2015)
Course Sign

Share URL:

Nice Closeout to My Day

1    4/7/2017   4/10/2017
Review By: MadGame32
This review was updated on 4/12/2017
Pros: -Easy to follow layout.
-No guesswork to basket locations.
-Hole that really needed signage had signs.
-I doubt this park gets a lot of traffic.
Cons: -Tee sign on #3 has been pulled up and the basket has been bent up a bit.
-Lots of poison ivy if a disc goes astray.
- There was one shady dude hanging out in the park, and it was a bit secluded. It may be best to go with someone. But, I had no issues being there on my own.
Other Thoughts: -This is the easiest course I have ever played. I scored my first under par score for 18 holes. (I played it twice.)
- I would say #6 is the best hole on the course, but #1 is really good as well.
-This was a nice confidence booster after just having played at Lyndsey Park.
-I would agree with the previous review that this would be a great course to take a kid to, or for someone just getting started in the game.

Beginners course

1    11/19/2016   12/4/2016
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: easy to follow once you find the first tee
Has baskets and most tees are marked
Cons: few grass/dirt tee pads
Very short course
Other Thoughts: The is a GREAT course to bring someone out to play for the first time.
Not easy to throw into crap, but interesting enough to get them hooked.
From the parking lot, walk towards the skate park and you will see the tee pad for hole one throwing to the right. Then the course just throws around the perimeter of the park. Only one hole over 300 ft.

Good for Beginners

5+    5/31/2015   6/2/2015
Review By: Dang_Yankee
Pros: Well maintained fairways and nice baskets. Good amount of trees to work with. Good practice for your mid-range discs and fairway drivers.
Cons: Can reach all but holes 6 and 8 with my putter. Very short holes. Only get the chance to stretch out my drives on 2 holes.
Other Thoughts: Probably not the best area to be in around dark, beginning to get into the seedier areas of Tyler.

Best Beginner Course in Tyler

1    4/19/2013   4/19/2013
Review By: hph04a
Pros: New Baskets, well marked tee areas, course is easy to navigate
Cons: dirt tee pads, only 9 holes,
Other Thoughts: Very easy, very straight forward course. Only two holes are over 300 feet, the rest fall between 180' and 225'. This is a great quick play if you're close by. Absolutely the best course in tyler to take beginners. Its open with no water, so there's not a huge chance of anyone loosing a disc. Also, a great place to make a few ace runs. I played the entire course with a midrange and a putter.

I was impressed

1    3/9/2013   3/9/2013
Review By: chalos13
Pros: This course is set in a very nice park, unlike a lot of Tyler courses, the course is almost completely grass. Many courses in the area are very sandy, this one is not. The baskets are in great shape, still like new. Tee boxes are clearly marked, and easy to figure out the flow from one hole to next.
Cons: This is a short course. My group of three played all nine holes twice in just over an hour. Nothing terribly challenging here, the longest hole was 325 feet. Most of the stone tee markers that are supposed to tell you feet and hole number are broken, but it's easy to navigate anyway.
Other Thoughts: I like this course, the park is super clean, well maintained, and it's a great course to help new people learn or take your kids. If you're at Lindsey Park, it's five minutes away, and it adds 30 minutes to your day. Play this course, it's not the best in town, but it's good for what they had to work with.

Good simple course

2-4    8/20/2012   11/30/2012
Review By: dagger1504
Pros: -Wide open spaces to play
-9 hole course makes for a quick game
-no water hazards
-not very difficult, par 3 holes
-has a skate park, if you are interested in that.
Cons: -Some tee markers are missing/vandalized
-9 hole course makes for a quick game
-May be seen as boring and too easy
-Giant fire ants
Other Thoughts: I am pretty familiar with with this park since I used to skate at it all the time. I recently discovered the disc golf course and thought I would give it a try. I pretty much played it 3 times in a row. The course is very simple, not challenging and makes for a nice relaxing time to play.