• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 10 Year Anniversary Buzzz

I would hope so!:thmbup:

In all seriousness, my brother lives down the road from fountain hills and was throwing a couple yesterday. He said it's a just a regular buzzz with a different stamp that says "Wasp" in the rim. I don't know why that's supposed to make them fly so much better.
It's a regular buzzz that they threw a barstamp on to look cool and make sales for 2x the money

In all seriousness, my brother lives down the road from fountain hills and was throwing a couple yesterday. He said it's a just a regular buzzz with a different stamp that says "Wasp" in the rim. I don't know why that's supposed to make them fly so much better.
It's a regular buzzz that they threw a barstamp on to look cool and make sales for 2x the money

I guess the idea was more HSS and more durability...but if they fly like a Buzzz it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...

and people are mad at businesses for marking them up. How about getting pissed at DC for doing this in the first place. charging 20 bucks for a regular buzzzz. Bastards!!!

They are releasing 10,000 in the coming week.

I doubt prices can remain very high with 10,000 hitting the market.

They are releasing 10,000 in the coming week.

I doubt prices can remain very high with 10,000 hitting the market.

10,000 sounds like a lot, but that's an average of 200 per state. Divide 200 by the number of interested dealers per state and the number of discs per dealer gets relatively small rather quickly. Subtract international orders from that 10,000 and that U.S. pie just got smaller.

gotta go gotta throw just lowered the price to 19.95. everyone will get a refund. jah bless gotta go gotta throw!

I dont care if people want to mark up discs, or collect them, or anything. but to bash a "business" for making money is ridiculous. do people get mad when a can of soup costs more at Publix then Food Lion? nope. they buy from where they want. I prefer Publix because i dont have to worry about getting stabbed in the dairy section. i will pay $.50 more. why dont we just stop all businesses from having any say in what they charge for anything. Fixed market, no competition.

Disc Golfers are funny like this, a business needs to make a profit to be a business and to be able to support the local disc golf scene in their area.

Disc Golfers are funny like this, a business needs to make a profit to be a business and to be able to support the local disc golf scene in their area.

Yup. They don't seem to care that the exact same pizza they get at Pizza Hut is more expensive than Dominos (Mon - Thurs), but someone tries to use this same business strategy to further their disc golf business, and everyone gets up in arms.

I see both sides. It is absolutely up to the store to set prices. At first I was annoyed to see them listed over $20, but I think as a whole we've become accustomed to buying stock discs at stock prices. This buzzz, roc3 etc, at least the protos and bbs are not stock discs.

Store front businesses have overhead they have to pay, employees etc. They also have connections to buy large quantities of discs at low prices. When I know disc A costs 11.75 at wholesale and a company is charging 25, I think that is a little high but I also dont have to buy from them.

At the end of it all it comes down to: is the juice worth the squeeze? If market demand is 25/disc and thats unfavorable to you, then I'm sorry, it doesn't look like that disc is right for your budget. But to get a "specialty" item, you have to expect to pay for it a little.

Admittedly, I've spent around $1000 on discs in the last year, and I shop for the best deals. Exactly why I jumped all over community when the pre sale went up. 18 each for 2, or $30+ each if I wait. No brainer.

Being an admitted deal seeker, I knew to keep eyes open. The early bird gets the worn. If you're a bird looking for a worm, you better get up early :)

This thread makes me chuckle

"Something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it"