• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 10 Year Anniversary Buzzz

First off, I want to say that I think Discraft made a good choice with the tooling. My thought was what if people just wiped the stamp off and the tooling was exactly the same. Then, you would never be able to tell the difference from these runs and the old runs. And you know someone would take advantage like they always do.

The plastic is never going to be the same, it is just the way it will be. And the colors look great. I find it funny that people are complaining about the pearliness when the current Z stuff is very pearly and people never seem to care about it.

If you want a brand new "original wasp tooled Buzzz" go pay 100 bucks and call it a day. These will be great fliers and I can't wait to get the two I paid for. It is unfortunate that Discraft went out and said it was going to be the exact same, but that is marketing for you. They did their job and people are buying them up.

Also, my reputable source tells me that Discraft is now saying that no "reasonable" order will be turned away. So, hopefully all of our preorders go through.

Gotta Go has them up for preorder at $25. Hopefully Discraft sees that and screws them over by only sending them a small amount.

^people get up in arms when someone sells a disc here for profit, gggt is gouging on purpose and they get them cheaper than most people. That is disgusting in my eyes. A dude flipping these is one thing a retailer that is a whole another ball of wax. Thanks gggt good decision.

Well all I have to say is Thanks Justin (Community Discs) for the Buzzz pre order for $18. Oh yeah....
Someone needs to open a new DG store up here in Minny. I am not paying $25.

^people get up in arms when someone sells a disc here for profit, gggt is gouging on purpose and they get them cheaper than most people. That is disgusting in my eyes. A dude flipping these is one thing a retailer that is a whole another ball of wax. Thanks gggt good decision.

why is not ok for the retailer to make the profit. that is one of the dumbest things I have read on the internet.

why is not ok for the retailer to make the profit. that is one of the dumbest things I have read on the internet.

nah just about everything you spew is the dumbest thing ever. I get it you were one of the flamers oh wait that is all you do. get a life.

even at 20 they are making profit. take your narrow mind somewhere else. Every letter you type on your keyboard is a waste of time. go throw already.

Last edited:

They are making a profit at $20. F&$#ing over the end consumer ain't a good business strategy. I really hope Discraft sees this and decides not to send them any at all now.

nah just about everything you spew is the dumbest thing ever. I get it you were one of the flamers oh wait that is all you do. get a life.

even at 20 they are making profit. take your narrow mind somewhere else. Every letter you type on your keyboard is a waste of time. go throw already.

well. glad you are reading everything I type. I just dont get why people on here, (who will end up gouging someone else) get mad when the retailer does the same thing. these are a limited run, people want them, why not make some money. they can charge whatever they want. supply and demand people.

I think it's the same situation that we've seen before. Retailers have different ideas on how to approach this. Some will want to grab the $ right away, assuming people will pay (and historically they have) . Others will take a longer term approach and hope that by not price gouging they will get return business.

Example is I talked to Mike at Glide Disc Golf regarding the recent Pro Pigs. He's definitely taking the long term approach. Charging $12 and hoping to establish a better rep. Sounds like Community Discs is doing that with the Buzzz's.

I think it's the same situation that we've seen before. Retailers have different ideas on how to approach this. Some will want to grab the $ right away, assuming people will pay (and historically they have) . Others will take a longer term approach and hope that by not price gouging they will get return business.

Example is I talked to Mike at Glide Disc Golf regarding the recent Pro Pigs. He's definitely taking the long term approach. Charging $12 and hoping to establish a better rep. Sounds like Community Discs is doing that with the Buzzz's.

And I will commend them for that. but why hate on GGGT. they are charging half what people will be selling them on Ebay for.

^^^^^^This guy is standing up for GGGT. Look at his quote.^^^^^^^^ "I'm sorry that some of you don't know the difference between right and wrong. I really should expect as much from a bunch of unemployed drunks and stoners. Like I said, I would rather stand alone than stand in bad company".

I guess I will go back to being a stoner and a drunk that knows what right and wrong is.

^^^^^^This guy is standing up for GGGT. Look at his quote.^^^^^^^^ "I'm sorry that some of you don't know the difference between right and wrong. I really should expect as much from a bunch of unemployed drunks and stoners. Like I said, I would rather stand alone than stand in bad company".

I guess I will go back to being a stoner and a drunk that knows what right and wrong is.

that is a quote from SLOWROLL. Not me. he is a member of this site who retired after that thread.

I've seen price gouging for limited beer releases as well. The brewery noticed this and was pissed off that the end user was getting screwed over. The retailers that chose to price gouge were never given any product in the following years.

Honest question here.

Is 7 bucks really "screwing the end consumer"? and is the person who buys 10 of the exact same disc from a retailer really the end consumer? or more of a middle man. sounds to me like people are upset that their own profits would be cut if they bought from their local shop. but I guarantee that GGGT will sell all of their stock because people who buy them for 18 will be hocking them on the MP for 30.

Honest question here.

Is 7 bucks really "screwing the end consumer"? and is the person who buys 10 of the exact same disc from a retailer really the end consumer? or more of a middle man. sounds to me like people are upset that their own profits would be cut if they bought from their local shop. but I guarantee that GGGT will sell all of their stock because people who buy them for 18 will be hocking them on the MP for 30.

I bought mine to throw and collect. Should I sell them in a few years, hopefully I can make a few bucks but that is not the reason I purchased them. I'm done with GGGT if this is how they do business.

I bought mine to throw and collect. Should I sell them in a few years, hopefully I can make a few bucks but that is not the reason I purchased them. I'm done with GGGT if this is how they do business.

isnt the price listed by DC a "MSRP" not MRRP. its suggested. and wasnt the MSRP 19.99? you Minny guys sound like a bunch of babies. :\

Latest posts