• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

11x KC Gazelles vs. Glow Gazelles

TxDiscGolfBoy

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
Yes, there is a thread that looks just like this for Eagle-X's and L's (permission granted:thmbup: )

Currently throwing Glow Gazelles. And to say the least, they're pretty amazing discs. Knocked the TeeBired right out of my bag. I do however have a few 11x KC Gazelles that I've pitched around a little bit, but not to the extent where I could genuinely compare the 2 different molds.

So....11x KC Gazelles -- vs -- Glow Gazelles

Chime in you Gazelle throwers. 'preciate the feedback.

My CFR glo Gazelle, now that it's broken in, is killer. It's basically taking over the Roc slot, add fade, with more distance if needed and a good wind fighter to boot. Can't comment on the 11x KC's tho. I wish Innova would make a champ/glo limited or here to stay run so I could stock up without going broke.

Great disc!

From the "Shameless Plug Dep't"
I have two 172g CFR Champ Glo Gazelles left from our club fundraiser.
$15 ea, incl shipping.
PM me if interested.

LMAO....you may procede.

But on the real. Are the 11x more stable/less stable...vice versa. all that jazz

i love my dx one its older than dirt and has a nice release. I never take this into places with rocks or alot of trees hate to have this die on me.

i can't really comment on your glo gazelles so this could makes things more confusing...and i can't comment on heavier weight 11x gazelles, so maybe this will actually help? ha.

either way. my 2 cents is the 11x are pretty damn stable. i picked up a couple 150 class and obviously if you throw with some pop it can turn over on you. but they are insanely stable compared to what i had imagined. if you put some hyzer on it they bomb and it's really hard to make them flip.

what would be real nice is if these flew basically the same.

Nice thread i've been thinking about this for a while. One of my first discs was a gazelle and there's been at least one(usually 2+) in the bag. I've had a few(to many) 11x gazelles that i love but i also carry a glo gazelle.

Now for the glo gazelles i've noticed two different types, i'll call soft and firm. The soft ones are what i've seen most of. Almost all cfr are like this and also the x-outs that DGV has are the same. These gazelles are a little floppy kinda like FLX plastic almost. I've also had a couple from the Carolina Clash and Big D and these were stiff, stiff and flat. The stiff ones seem to come out with a touch more fade and take a little longer to break in. i personally prefer the soft ones.

As for the 11xs i say there is more consistency but, they fly more like the soft cfr. Straight out of the box with little to no fade. Shapeable and versatile with shot types and distances.

IMO there's little difference b/t the soft glos and the 11x. I've convinced myself that from now on i'm only buying glos

good deal. i think i actually bought 2 of these from you.

Yes, you did. this is from the same bunch.
We ordered 100, plus 9 double-stamps and we have two left.

As far as comparisons go, I have heard that Champ Glo Gazelles (all Champ Glo stuff) sre more stable than their counterparts. That and they're darn near indestructable.

Totally Trolling on this, I have a 8.5/10 10x KC Pro Gazelle.. Any one up for a trade? I got it from a friend and I throw Discraft.. So for me it will sit in a box untill it's worth something or as trade bait. To which I jump in on this conversation.....

The 11x that I had and have thrown, were much flatter and way more stable than the glows. That being said, i love me some glow gazelles and can't wait for my new pair to arrive. They are kicking the teebird out of my bag also!!

Yes, you did. this is from the same bunch.
We ordered 100, plus 9 double-stamps and we have two left.

As far as comparisons go, I have heard that Champ Glo Gazelles (all Champ Glo stuff) sre more stable than their counterparts. That and they're darn near indestructable.

Not all glow counterparts of different discs are more stable.
Coyotes
xcals
boss
orcs
maybe a few others are not any different than the champ versions.also the old glo stuff was damn near indestructible.the new stuff,not so much.ive seen a buddy take out a new glo whippet to a course and after one round it was dinged up bad. Some are durable but not all. The old stuff is where its at. My old kenny glo roc is still beefy and im the 3rd owner as well as have had it in the bag for about 2 yrs

My 150 Glow Gazelles (Electric Eel stamp) are beefy. They fly like Banshees, totally unfazed by a roaring headwind (and I still have one left for sale / trade . . .). Might be perfect for one of you big-arm folk.

I just received a 150 11x Gazelle. Based on very few throws the 11x seems considerably less stable than the Glows, but still more stable than a DX Gazelle.

To people that say gazelles are kicking the teebirds out of their bags, can you please elaborate why? what does it do better than a teebird? To me it just sound like a shorter less glidey teebird.

Gazelles are generally only a very tad less stable than Teebirds in most cases. This is subjective to plastic type though.
Since most are throwing 11x's or champ Teebirds, the Glow Gazelles are pretty much the same. More stable than they should be, but still pretty close to the Teebird. They're actually about the same distance and glide.

Not all glow counterparts of different discs are more stable.
Coyotes
xcals
boss
orcs
maybe a few others are not any different than the champ versions.also the old glo stuff was damn near indestructible.the new stuff,not so much.ive seen a buddy take out a new glo whippet to a course and after one round it was dinged up bad. Some are durable but not all. The old stuff is where its at. My old kenny glo roc is still beefy and im the 3rd owner as well as have had it in the bag for about 2 yrs

I have to agree about the inconsistency. We ordered 100 Champ Glo CFR discs altogether; Orcs, FireBirds and Gazelles. The Gazelles and Orcs were okay, but the FireBirds were almost two different discs. Some FB's were table-flat and stiff, while other FB's were domey and soft.

Latest posts