• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 World Courses

tom12003

Eagle Member
One of the new 2012 Worlds courses in Charlotte (Winget) is getting close to basket installation and play. The DR brush hog (borrowed from a local Rock Hill disc golf company) has made a significant impact. If we can get the needed volunteer hands, there should be a playable course by the end of this month. With 3 or so months of breaking the course in and concrete pad installation, there will be another memorable Charlotte course--par 57-58 expected (guessing an SSA of about 52 or so). Should have a C-tier in Spring of 2012.

Another of the 2012 World's courses, Scrapyard at Idlewild, was slated for a concrete tee pad pour this last Friday, but almost an inch of rain Thursday night made the ground to soft for the concrete trucks, probably rescheduled for this coming Friday.

There were 4 new courses for the 2012 Worlds developed in 2011--Scrapyard at Idlewild, R.L.Smith, Bradford, and Winget; the first of these 3 have been played for the past 2-6 months, Winget soon to join this list. A 15th course should open this coming Spring. Stan, Sam, and a few other of us are getting tired of course development (at least we have that opportunity:thmbup:).

Sounds great!

:thmbup:
There were 4 new courses for the 2012 Worlds developed in 2011--Scrapyard at Idlewild, R.L.Smith, Bradford, and Winget; the first of these 3 have been played for the past 2-6 months, Winget soon to join this list. A 15th course should open this coming Spring. Stan, Sam, and a few other of us are getting tired of course development (at least we have that opportunity:thmbup:).

I'm soooooo jealous! :sick: (green, with envy)

Meeting Tom for a Turkey Day drag party. Come out and help get this course ready for World's !!! Send me a PM for more info.

Will foot attire be mocassins or high heels; I never know what to wear during the Thanksgiving drag parties? :)

Will foot attire be mocassins or high heels; I never know what to wear during the Thanksgiving drag parties? :)

The work is in dragging trees, limbs, and scrub; mocassins or high heels not recommended. Carving out a course through thick woods and vines is a little different than clearing cow paddies on a fairway.

i want to take a disc golf trip to Charlotte. maybe this summer would be a good time...

Latest posts