• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Tim Selinske US Masters - PDGA Major - Burlington, NC

Bumping this thread now that we are a month out!

I have no idea why on earth this jumped out at me within about 10 seconds of glancing at the PDGA info: Greensboro is the closest regional airport to the courses (20 min drive). That's some speedy driving since the airport is over 40 miles away. :D

If I still lived in NC, I would be there! Cedarock Park is maybe my favorite location in all of DG. So nice and quiet, beautiful, fun, Jekyl & Hyde courses. Not my top courses by themselves, but there is something magical to me about that place. And, I got my first/only MPM win there.

I'm sure it will be a great event! Good work running this event!

I have no idea why on earth this jumped out at me within about 10 seconds of glancing at the PDGA info: Greensboro is the closest regional airport to the courses (20 min drive). That's some speedy driving since the airport is over 40 miles away. :D

If I still lived in NC, I would be there! Cedarock Park is maybe my favorite location in all of DG. So nice and quiet, beautiful, fun, Jekyl & Hyde courses. Not my top courses by themselves, but there is something magical to me about that place. And, I got my first/only MPM win there.

I'm sure it will be a great event! Good work running this event!

First off, it's true if you drive 120 MPH. :thmbup:

Cedarock has been tweaked to make it Major championship friendly. The layout played has never been played before. Note that tweaking doesn't mean longer. It is now 18 holes, among other things.

Rock Creek is a course you have never played. It is a 9,500 foot monster temp course in the same park. It's a beast. It's long and open on the front 9 (par 34 front) and the back, while still long (par 32) is much more technical. Imagine playing Cedarock on steroids for the front 9 and the back at Hornest Nest's Web for the back 9. That's Rock Creek.

But thanks for the kind words!

Looking forward to the tournament. Wondering where all the regional players are... this is my first tournament at Cedarock (except for a doubles fundraiser in January).

One question. Will Rock Creek be installed THIS SUNDAY?

Would like to get a practice round in, maybe next weekend.

Looking forward to the tournament. Wondering where all the regional players are... this is my first tournament at Cedarock (except for a doubles fundraiser in January).

One question. Will Rock Creek be installed THIS SUNDAY?

Would like to get a practice round in, maybe next weekend.

Most regional players are playing, just waiting around to pay. I know of many who are gonna get in soon. Can't speak for them all, however.

As mentioned in the player packet you should have received, yes, Rock Creek will be up this Sunday.

And a note to all..

Anyone not involved in the tournament is welcome to play Rock Creek before May 13th. All the courses are closed, except to players and staff, from May 13 - 19

It looks like a grand time to be had by all, with the weather forecast currently favorable. Never seen the courses before, and can't find any videos that show much, but I'm looking forward to throwing a couple of fairly open layouts. What Charlotte-area holes/courses are similar to what we'll play at Cedarock's three courses?

Cedar Rock I pretty wide open, in general. The temp course has some long and open shots and then has a lot of holes that are technical too. Nest/Web or Eastway may be good practice courses

It looks like a grand time to be had by all, with the weather forecast currently favorable. Never seen the courses before, and can't find any videos that show much, but I'm looking forward to throwing a couple of fairly open layouts. What Charlotte-area holes/courses are similar to what we'll play at Cedarock's three courses?

Hmm, good question. I've only played Nest, Renny, Reedy, Bradford, Bailey, Sugaw and Kilborne, so keep that in mind when reading.

Wellspring would be a tighter shorter and more elevation reedy creek.

Cedarock is the front 9 at Ho Nest with much more elevation and more open.

Rock Creek is comparable to Web in that it's both wooded and open with par 4's and par 5's. But the short layout is only a 61, so it's not as crazy, so to speak.

I like all the courses there and I'm not just saying that because I am the TD. Even before and beyond this, I play every event I am availble to at Cedarock Park. It's a great place for disc golf.

Cedar Rock I pretty wide open, in general. The temp course has some long and open shots and then has a lot of holes that are technical too. Nest/Web or Eastway may be good practice courses

Well there ya go.

Stan, what was your opinion of the Temp course? I didn't design it (just made a few tweaks), so no hard feelings towards me if you didn't like it.

Are they going to leave Rock Creek in for a few days after Masters?

Well there ya go.

Stan, what was your opinion of the Temp course? I didn't design it (just made a few tweaks), so no hard feelings towards me if you didn't like it.

There are a lot of good holes on that course. It was a lot of fun to play. I wasn't feeling very chipper and look forward to having some energy the next time I play it. I think someone should address, and change a tee location. There is a tee pad located such that the back of the tee pad is one foot outside the 10 meter circle of the previous green!!!!

What a gorgeous park.

Last edited: