• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Tim Selinske US Masters - PDGA Major - Burlington, NC

There are a lot of good holes on that course. It was a lot of fun to play. I wasn't feeling very chipper and look forward to having some energy the next time I play it. I think someone should address, and change a tee location. There is a tee pad located such that the back of the tee pad is one foot outside the 10 meter circle of the previous green!!!!

What a gorgeous park.

14 and 15 I'm assuming you are referring to?

I'll be playing the Rock Creek temporary course first thing Thursday morning May 16th if anyone would like to join me. :thmbup:

Looks like I am playing the UNC DGC course late afternoon this Wednesday the 15th (starting tentatively around 4 pm) if anyone would like to join me there, too. :thmbup:

I wouldn't mind seeing some OB to the left on a couple of those creek holes. I know it's too late, but that would make it a little more balanced of a course. those last 9 holes are either neutral to righty biased. It's a game of survival for the last stretch for a lefty. I was able to score on a couple, but the majority of those holes set up well for a righty to go into auto-pilot.

Just my critique. They are beautiful holes. It would suck to lose a crucial disc on that stretch to the creek plus penalty when a righty is just pulling his out of the poison ivy without a penalty. It's just mentally taxing to continually throw the same type of shot with danger if my disc decides to fade at all.

I'll be playing the Rock Creek temporary course first thing Thursday morning May 16th if anyone would like to join me. :thmbup:

I expect to be there at that time with the same intent.
I'll look for you. Should I park in the same lot as for Cedarock?
I'll be the guy in a blue Honda with NY plates.
Hope to see you there...:thmbup:
KJ

I wouldn't mind seeing some OB to the left on a couple of those creek holes. I know it's too late, but that would make it a little more balanced of a course. those last 9 holes are either neutral to righty biased. It's a game of survival for the last stretch for a lefty. I was able to score on a couple, but the majority of those holes set up well for a righty to go into auto-pilot.

Just my critique. They are beautiful holes. It would suck to lose a crucial disc on that stretch to the creek plus penalty when a righty is just pulling his out of the poison ivy without a penalty. It's just mentally taxing to continually throw the same type of shot with danger if my disc decides to fade at all.

I'm not the course designer, so keep that in mind when reading my comments.

Hole 10 - it's a hard lefty hole, no doubt. But there isn't much else we could do with that land. It's a connecter hole.
Hole 11 - the OB right should not come in to play. This literally would one of the worst possible shots you can think of to go OB.
Hole 12 - This hole is a nightmare for everyone. The second shot sets up good for a lefty, especially if you don't make it around the corner.
Hole 13 - The tee shot is hard, for sure. But after that, the hole sets up great for a lefty, especially the third shot. And I will say that while the OB is right, the woods on the left might as well be OB because theres no chance of getting the disc much further than 300 feet.
Hole 14 - There is a back door lefty route on the hole. At almost 400 feet, it's tough for anyone.
Hole 15 - I agree on this one. It's a tough shot for a lefty.
Hole 16 - There is no OB and it's a lefty hyzer!
Hole 17 - The fact there is OB 20 feet to the right of a 260 foot straight hole should not matter in the least.
Hole 18 - the advantage of not having to throw a turnover going up that hill is huge! And then the second shot sets up great for a lefty. It's two hyzers.

so on the entire back nine, I'll give you hole 10, tee shot of 13 and 15. But that's about it. Certainly, with the exception of hyzer away from the water and hole 10, there is no true advantage.

And there is nothing in disc golf that says you can't throw sidearms!

But I understand what you are saying regarding them being neutral or right balanced. I just don't think neutral is ever a problem and the back nine, IMO, except of 3 shots, is neutral.

Last edited:
those last 9 holes are either neutral to righty biased.

There is no such thing as lefty-righty bias.
Competent players should be able to find some turn something in their bag in either direction.

FTR - I am primarily LHBH. I've learned to use anhyzers.

Oh.my.god!

Played the Rock Creek temporary course with Larry Entz, Randy Lockhart, Tony Losh, and Jay "Yeti" Reading this morning...what an absolutely BEAUTIFUL course! The back nine especially have a country club look and feel to them, and are just simply to die for. Local players eligible for this tournament who decided not to compete (especially women) are missing out on a truly memorable disc golf experience!

Tee times for the Pro Master, Pro Grandmaster, Pro Master Women, and Pro Senior Grandmaster divisions on the Rock Creek Course on Friday morning will be revealed at the conclusion of tonight's mandatory player's meeting.

(I cannot guarantee how soon this evening these tee times will be uploaded to the PDGA website...your best bet is being present for this required meeting to find out your tee time. :thmbup:

I first learned to play on the wooded course, always thought the open one was retarded long. Really need to head back there now that I know what I'm doing. Where is the temp course located? Funny there is now a (crappy)course a couple hundred yards from where I grew up on cook rd.

Edit: :csb:

Like the front of the park? Iirc the two courses bump up to each other on the left side of the road and its all trails past the wooded course. Then again it's been a decade since i was last there.

it's mostly on the opposite side of the road from the other two, there's a couple holes in front of cedarock.

Latest posts