• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

Anyone know what times the field events start? I know they say 9-4, but what time exactly or roundabouts? Driving comp? putting comp? Thanks for any info provided.

Driving Competition - 9am-11am - Moraine North Shore

Putting, Edge, and Mini - 11am-5pm - Moraine South Shore. I believe...these three events can be participated in by the competitor at anytime during this window.

coverage of the second and even third cards would be nice.

with so many great players it only pays due respect.

When they only have two cameras at most, it's tough to cover the second and third cards. Nothing to do with respect. Everything to do with resources.

The long drive comp is first, i think from 9-11 and its over on the North shore where the course is at.

All the other events are on the South shore where the Regatta is being held. That all starts at 11am.

It's 10-15 minute drive between the 2 locations plus I imagine parking will take a little longer on the south shore due to all the additional traffic.

When they only have two cameras at most, it's tough to cover the second and third cards. Nothing to do with respect. Everything to do with resources.

There will be other "Youtube" videographers present as well. I'm assuming they'll be covering others.

There will be other "Youtube" videographers present as well. I'm assuming they'll be covering others.

I'm aware of that. I was referring only to the live coverage which I assume was what Dr smooth was referring to as well. Judging from last year's event, the chase cards should be well covered in post-produced coverage.

A public service announcement that I'm sure some people would be interested in. If you are not from Pennsylvania, you may be confused on how to buy alcohol in the state.

If you want to buy beer, you have two options; a six pack shop or a beer distributor. A six pack shop is generally a bottle shop and sells beer up to 12 packs. You are legally only allowed to buy 192 oz of beer at the six pack shops per visit, so you will need to physically leave the store and come back in if you want to buy more than 16 bottles. If you want cases of beer or kegs, you can purchase those at a beer distributor.

If you want liquor or wine, you need to go to a state owned liquor store. They only sell liquor and wine there and no beer. The local grocery store, Giant Eagle, has started to sell both beer and liquor, but these parts of the store are essentially different stores. So you need to go to the beer portion for 6 packs and pay there, then you can go over to the liquor and wine section to pay for your liquor, and then you can go shopping for groceries in the rest of the store.

Oh, also you can't buy alcohol before 11am on Sundays...

I'm from Wisconsin.

This makes no sense to me.

Blue laws... in New England they are worse. I remember when a group of guys my brother went to school with in Mass. came down to visit. We have drive thru liquor stores here, and they thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Blue laws... in New England they are worse. I remember when a group of guys my brother went to school with in Mass. came down to visit. We have drive thru liquor stores here, and they thought it was the greatest thing ever.

New England isn't as bad as PA. Of course it varies by state and sometimes town but you can buy beer, wine, and spirits in any quantity you wish and usually all in the same place. Few restrictions left from the old blue law days.

A public service announcement that I'm sure some people would be interested in. If you are not from Pennsylvania, you may be confused on how to buy alcohol in the state.

If you want to buy beer, you have two options; a six pack shop or a beer distributor. A six pack shop is generally a bottle shop and sells beer up to 12 packs. You are legally only allowed to buy 192 oz of beer at the six pack shops per visit, so you will need to physically leave the store and come back in if you want to buy more than 16 bottles. If you want cases of beer or kegs, you can purchase those at a beer distributor.

If you want liquor or wine, you need to go to a state owned liquor store. They only sell liquor and wine there and no beer. The local grocery store, Giant Eagle, has started to sell both beer and liquor, but these parts of the store are essentially different stores. So you need to go to the beer portion for 6 packs and pay there, then you can go over to the liquor and wine section to pay for your liquor, and then you can go shopping for groceries in the rest of the store.

Oh, also you can't buy alcohol before 11am on Sundays...

That is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard. I don't drink, but out of sheer principle that irritates me.

Those beer laws are no longer in effect. You can buy beer from most grocery stores. All Giant Eagle grocery stores in the area sell 6-packs and have a pretty decent selection.

Anyone care to elaborate on whats in the stamp, and the different elements that have meaning to the city of pittsburgh.
2015-pro-worlds-logo.jpg

I see the big ugly yellow bridge that is next to the stadiums. And it looks they have an almost steeler logo there on the disc.

I see the big ugly yellow bridge that is next to the stadiums. And it looks they have an almost steeler logo there on the disc.

There's also the three stars in the background with the chains, which is also part of the Steelers logo. As to what that means to Pittsburgh, I haven't a clue; off to Google. I imagine the buildings in the background are iconic Pittsburgh buildings. I really dig the stamp/logo :thmbup:

EDIT: Looks like the stars have deep roots in the steel industry; very fitting

The 4 above the basket might be for the Super Bowl wins or maybe the 4 courses being used?

The 4 above the basket might be for the Super Bowl wins or maybe the 4 courses being used?

The Steelers have 6 Super Bowl wins, so I doubt it's that. Doubt it's a 4 at all. At least, not intentionally. Pretty sure the buildings are simply the prominent ones from the skyline.

The Steelers have 6 Super Bowl wins, so I doubt it's that. Doubt it's a 4 at all. At least, not intentionally. Pretty sure the buildings are simply the prominent ones from the skyline.
It's Bradshaw that has the 4 wins.

Those beer laws are no longer in effect. You can buy beer from most grocery stores. All Giant Eagle grocery stores in the area sell 6-packs and have a pretty decent selection.

You must not have read my whole post. :-/

You are still limited to the 192 oz at Giant Eagle and you must pay for the beer in the beer section and then if you want liquor, you have to go to the liquor section and pay for your liquor there.

Anyone care to elaborate on whats in the stamp, and the different elements that have meaning to the city of pittsburgh.
2015-pro-worlds-logo.jpg

The bridge is one of the iconic 3 sisters bridges crossing the Allegheny River between downtown and the north shore. The skyline include at least the iconic Highmark Building and 1 PPG Place. The 3 chains probably represent the three rivers, the Allegheny to the north, the Monongahela to the south, and the Ohio to the west. I would guess that the asterisks inside each of the points represent the steelmark symbol which is the trademark of the American Iron and Steel Institute and is now used by the Steelers as their logo harking back to the days that Pittsburgh was the steel city.

Latest posts