• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

The bridge is one of the iconic 3 sisters bridges crossing the Allegheny River between downtown and the north shore. The skyline include at least the iconic Highmark Building and 1 PPG Place. The 3 chains probably represent the three rivers, the Allegheny to the north, the Monongahela to the south, and the Ohio to the west. I would guess that the asterisks inside each of the points represent the steelmark symbol which is the trademark of the American Iron and Steel Institute and is now used by the Steelers as their logo harking back to the days that Pittsburgh was the steel city.

Thanks for the details. I like the design, and it looks clean on the discs I've seen.

Anyone care to elaborate on whats in the stamp, and the different elements that have meaning to the city of pittsburgh.
2015-pro-worlds-logo.jpg

The bridge is one of the iconic 3 sisters bridges crossing the Allegheny River between downtown and the north shore. The skyline include at least the iconic Highmark Building and 1 PPG Place. The 3 chains probably represent the three rivers, the Allegheny to the north, the Monongahela to the south, and the Ohio to the west. I would guess that the asterisks inside each of the points represent the steelmark symbol which is the trademark of the American Iron and Steel Institute and is now used by the Steelers as their logo harking back to the days that Pittsburgh was the steel city.

Actually there are 4 Astericks on the design, they represent the 4 courses being used for worlds this year

Any locals out there have predictions as to what a 1000 rated round will be at all the courses?

We have had warmup tournaments at all of the courses and SSA has come in as follows:
Deer Lakes Blues: 65 (-1)
Slippery Rock Golds: 65 (-1)
Moraine Golds: 67 (+1)

I kind of feel like these are all one stroke higher, so I would expect 64s to be 1000 at Deer Lakes and Slippery Rock, and 66 at Moraine to be 1000.

Any locals out there have predictions as to what a 1000 rated round will be at all the courses?

I also posted the course records earlier in this thread. I doubt many of these will stand after this week.

Course records:

Knob Hill:
Blue Tees: 51 -- Nate Doss, 2010 Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open
White Tees: 47 -- Kyle Crabtree, 2006 Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open

Deer Lakes:
Blue Tees -- 52; David Feldberg, 2011 Scholl's Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open
White Tees -- 54; Tyler Horne, 2011 The Hunt at Deer Lakes
Red Tees -- 55; Marcus Ranii-Dropcho, Connor Kazmierczak, 2009 Pittsburgh Scholastic DG Series

Moraine:
Gold Tees: 55 -- Barry Schultz; 2009 Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open
Blue Tees: 52 -- Matt Orum; 2005 Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open
White Tees: 57 -- Brian Heider; 2008 Ironwood Open

Expecting to see most of these get crushed!

We have had warmup tournaments at all of the courses and SSA has come in as follows:
Deer Lakes Blues: 65 (-1)
Slippery Rock Golds: 65 (-1)
Moraine Golds: 67 (+1)

I kind of feel like these are all one stroke higher, so I would expect 64s to be 1000 at Deer Lakes and Slippery Rock, and 66 at Moraine to be 1000.

Thanks. That is good info to know. I am curious, having played all but Know Hill, what the top guys will actually shoot. Only a few days away now!

The SSAs may come in at least 1 throw higher due to a bit more tournament pressure at Worlds plus many visiting players having less time to practice some courses if at all.

Free Bootsy Collins show in Pittsburgh
AUG 2
HARTWOOD ACRES AMPHITHEATRE
BOOTSY'S RUBBER BAND FUNKIN IT UP IN PITTSBURGH, PA

Public service announcements for fun:

Aug 1
Robert Randolph Family Band
free show Aug 1
Located in the McKees Rocks Municipal Lot, Route 51 & Furnace Street, McKees Rocks, PA 15136.
(Between Chartiers Avenue & Chartiers Creek, behind Hollowood Music & Sound)

http://www.robertrandolph.net/shows/

Last edited:
I can ask him tomorrow at a littel C-Tier in South Carolina, but anyone know why Barry isn't playing worlds? TD email said the course we're playing in SC is so epic that Shultz decided to skip worlds, but that's obviously not the real story. He doesn't appear to be current with the PDGA either.

Didn't see Schwebby either. Anybody know why? The Worlds courses seem like they would be good for him.

Looking for something to do this Sunday night?

7:30 pm Bootsy Collins will be playing a free show at Hartwood Acres. It is close to Deer Lakes and Knob Hill. Beautiful outdoor venue. Don't miss it.

Have seen him play several times live. He puts on an amazing show.

Latest posts