• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Worlds site visit

Trackerdude

Looking to make a trip from Charlotte to play Slippery Rock, Moraine, Knob Hill, and Deer Lakes.

Looking for recommendations and tips for getting in as much play as possible in 3-4 day period. If we were to play more at one course than another where would you prioritize your extra time?

Best places to grub? OTB (Over The Bar Bicycle Cafe) is within striking distance and will be a must. Any others?

Probably looking mid May-Late June time frame.

Thank you in advance.

Moraine and Deer Lakes are the courses I would play most if I had time for more than 1 round. They both have true par 4s and 5s that you really want to have an idea about where you want to land both off the tee and a second drive.....and are also the most wooded of the courses. When you play moraine go to North country brewing. Ideally you would play all of of them multiple times but if you only had time for 2 those are the 2 I would pick.

Moraine is definitely the best course I've ever played. Very technical and challenges you. If I were you, I'd put no more then 2 rounds at Moraine in a day. It's a hike. Slippery Rock is also long and hilly. Slippery Rock, Moraine, and Knob are all within about an hour drive down the same highway. Deer Lakes is on it's own. I'd be more then happy to play with ya!

When you play Moraine/Slippery Rock. You NEED to hit up North Country Brewery in Slippery Rock. Great craft brewery with amazing food.

Id be more than happy to show you around and play a round or 2 with you

On the way to Moraine I've stopped by Brown's Country Kitchen 1149 W Portersville RdPortersville, PA 16051 three different times. http://www.brownscountrykitchen.com/
It is about 1 minute out of your way if going north to the course. Very good food and service with a lot to choose from.

Latest posts