• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Ledgestone Insurance Open presented by Discraft

With each division split in half? Or, might I be the only MS1 that has to show up at 8am?

No, I will keep the smaller divisions together and they won't be split. At this point in time I do not know what divisions will go where. I was answering the question for a large division like MA1, where I would have to split divisions.

No, I will keep the smaller divisions together and they won't be split. At this point in time I do not know what divisions will go where. I was answering the question for a large division like MA1, where I would have to split divisions.

Good. As a result, there are only 4 more spots for AdvGM. Sorry, Adv Senior GM. Forgot how old I am.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any info on what city/town will host the events after the rounds? I really want to make sure I have a place close to all the action. Thanks for any help.

Does anyone have any info on what city/town will host the events after the rounds? I really want to make sure I have a place close to all the action. Thanks for any help.

Here is a list of our host hotels:

http://lisopen.com/event/hotels/

Any of those hotels are close enough to the action.

Staying in Morton is better if you are playing MPO; staying in Pekin is better if you are FPO or any other age protected pro division; staying in Peoria is better if you are an AM.

The player's party will be in Pekin, as well as the Disc Golf Festival for the first few days. A lot of other activities will be in Morton/Eureka. There are no hotels in Eureka, but its only 10 miles from Morton to Eureka.

On a side note, we are approaching 700 competitors and we posted a picture of one of our first Limited Edition Fundraiser discs we are releasing: CT Magnet - this disc actually came about from CT Challengers that were sent to regrind because they were too heavy to be released. They are a 5-chain Magnet as well, so we are excited about that. The rest of the discs we are releasing April 1st include a Z Glo Zone, CT Glo Challenger and a Ti Crank SS.

Also, for those that have not liked the FB page, here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/LedgestoneInsuranceOpen/?fref=ts

We will have a lot of updates and information posted there.

Ledgestone by the Numbers:

Number of Players with Full Field..... 1236
Added Cash................................. $55,000
Pro Purse with Full Field............ $148,000
AM Player's Pack Value............. $187,500
Number of Discs in AM Player's Pack.... 7
AM Payout................................... $60,000
Number of Courses Used....................... 8
Number of Stakes Used for OB.......... 500
Total Footage of Yellow OB Rope.. 10,000
Expected Donation to St Jude..... $35,000
Number of Countries Represented........ 4
Number of Volunteers......................... 125
Experience............................ PRICELESS

$187,500 AM Player Pack! :thmbup::thmbup:

WOW!! Talk about a return on your registration fee! I'm wishing I'd signed up this year now!

I really want to see what goes into a player pack that large

:popcorn:

OR does that mean $187,500 spent on the player packs total?

Wish I would have gotten to register in time for open. Thats 2 years in a row this illinois guy is gonna miss ledgestone

WOW!! Talk about a return on your registration fee! I'm wishing I'd signed up this year now!

We now have over 700 people signed up, but still plenty of spots available as Mike said.

I really want to see what goes into a player pack that large

Here is a link to what's in the player's pack:

http://lisopen.com/articles/2016-am-player-pack

So awesome that they got 125(!) people to volunteer.

Well, that's how many I expect to get, but I don't have that many lined up yet. I plan on it though! If anyone wants to volunteer send an email to [email protected]

11 more registrations have rolled in over the past two days, keep them coming!

We are now at 732 registrants and counting. Well on our way to 1000 players.

Also, the first four Discraft Limited Edition discs are shipping out today to our preferred vendors. Look for those to be on sale by Friday.

These include CT Glo Challengers (swirly pink, orange, and white), Z Glo Zones, CT Magnets and the Ti Crank SS.

Latest posts