• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIPS AT BOWLING GREEN

It is not likely to e used. As of now we are planning on just using 9 18 hole courses instead of 10.

I sure hope you guys get the grass mowed on all 9 courses, I hear the locals there are pretty particular about the landscaping!!

Wasnt sure about playing this year because the last 2 years in int. div. we played the same courses. But it looks like 3 new courses for int. div! IM IN!

Anyone know the status of SKYCTC and if it will be used in the tournament next year?

Tech has been crossed out of the listing for this year's event. Looks like it won't be played by any divisions in 2018. Even though I played it really well in 2016, I can see why it would be eliminated from the mix. We had some HUGE backups when I played. The rough would cause groups to search for discs on most every hole if even a single player missed the fairway. My buddies from this past year that played it described the course as a mud pit enclosed within a wind tunnel! Tech is by far the most challenging layout I've played in Bowling Green. I'd say most folks are glad to see it gone from the BG Ams lineup.

Tech has been crossed out of the listing for this year's event. Looks like it won't be played by any divisions in 2018. Even though I played it really well in 2016, I can see why it would be eliminated from the mix. We had some HUGE backups when I played. The rough would cause groups to search for discs on most every hole if even a single player missed the fairway. My buddies from this past year that played it described the course as a mud pit enclosed within a wind tunnel! Tech is by far the most challenging layout I've played in Bowling Green. I'd say most folks are glad to see it gone from the BG Ams lineup.

What?!?! I guess I don't know what division you played when you played it, but behind Hobson that is the best course down there. I was bummed when the advanced women no longer played it. The only thing I disliked about it was the long walk between what was it 6 and 7, but even then at least the walk gave you a chance to dip in one of the buildings and use the facilities.

Last year there was construction near a few of the holes. I figured that was the reason they were dropping it from the list this year.

BG_2018_courses-742x119.jpg

BG_2018_pools-334x189.jpg

been out of country . . . . but tech will be back completely remolded in a few years.

The GM and SGM divisions are split, and I will adjust each cap at the pools fill based on signups.
Each pool limit is listed on DGU registration page: http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/event-detail.cfm/tourn_id/5101

Notice that I save spots to make changes based on ratings updates until the March update. Then I will fill pools to 90 players each taking from the wait list.

Some openings for women, short wait list for MA1 if any men want to play . . . will fill pools after rating changes March 17.

Just curious. Are there players who signed up for a higher division, but are still on the waiting list for a lower division to open up?

Latest posts