• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] 2018 Scott Withers Glow Gator

Rec_to_Death

I have a 2018 Scott Withers Gator. It's flat/small puddle top. I've been looking for a replacement and can't find one anywhere. What is the closest disc I could get feel and flight wise if I were to lose my Gator? I'm open to all manufacturers, btw.

Attachments

• 1FE21547-CEE3-43CB-8905-C91D993547CF.jpg
    1FE21547-CEE3-43CB-8905-C91D993547CF.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 16
These are some of the most overstable discs I've ever seen. If you are looking for something stock and cheap, a lucid justice is probably the closest thing. Consider a prodigy A2 as well. I recently started tossing a 750 A2 and it is awesome for sidearms.

These are some of the most overstable discs I've ever seen. If you are looking for something stock and cheap, a lucid justice is probably the closest thing. Consider a prodigy A2 as well. I recently started tossing a 750 A2 and it is awesome for sidearms.

Lucid Justice yep. Or Caiman, probably not as brute force, find the ground ASAP overstable as your gator though.

Or hear me out, pick up a stock champ gator (probably not as flat as your favorite) and do the following:

Boil water in a kettle. Place gator upside down on a flat surface, recommend a cookie sheet maybe. Fill flightplate to the brim with boiling water, and here's the important part - while still hot, put a flat lid or dinner plate over the top of the disc, allowing it to make a water/airtight seal with no gap. Put the entire assembly in the fridge overnight.

Next morning thanks to the water contracting and keeping the seal, you end up with a puddle top essentially "frozen" in place with the cool water permanently. Depending on how much dome you started with, you'll actually end up with a pretty intense puddle top which in my experience mellows out to a flat top. Depends on the mold, but I've found this kills the glide and increases stability to a small degree if at all. Legal? Well, I could argue that you're correcting a "molding error" ... :sick:

I have factory 2nd glow gators from a while ago that feel the same as the SWG but are not close to the overstability.

I have some recent run color glow Gators that are flat but not puddle topped. I haven't thrown any Withers so I don't know how they'd stack up. For me I can't tell much difference between them and my Gator 3's.

Latest posts