• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Majors locations announced

Those courses for Am worlds in 2021..i dunno. Original Mesker is a good fun course, Woodmere was very meh when I played it when I lived down that way. I'll give them Prides, but the others don't really scream championship caliber courses.

Those courses for Am worlds in 2021..i dunno. Original Mesker is a good fun course, Woodmere was very meh when I played it when I lived down that way. I'll give them Prides, but the others don't really scream championship caliber courses.

You just need clean, maintained, well marked, average courses. The average MA1 player is around 930 rated. Rarely do MA1 players play on "championship caliber courses." Having gone through the process...having long or hard courses as your keystone for the event is actually a detriment. Too few players can survive them and the event is as much about fair courses and round speed as anything.

Considering that we haven't heard a whole lot about the courses and events in this area on a national scale, we might speculate that the CVB (Convention & Visitors Bureau) and Park Depts came through with a sweet deal for supporting the event with money, expense offsets and volunteers along with the possibility of a new course or two by 2021. Might be similar to how a smaller market like Emporia will rally around an event that is big for them but maybe not so impressive for say 500K+ population markets.

Last edited:
You just need clean, maintained, well marked, average courses. The average MA1 player is around 930 rated. Rarely do MA1 players play on "championship caliber courses." Having gone through the process...having long or hard courses as your keystone for the event is actually a detriment. Too few players can survive them and the event is as much about fair courses and round speed as anything.

Charlotte went out of their way to make a few of their courses shorter and easier so they'd play faster for Am Worlds. Gotta get those rounds turned around in 3 hours. True gold level courses are impractical.

I think this has been a solid model for AM Worlds. I also think that the evolution of AM Worlds, in particular losing the age protected divisions, potentially changes that model at bit. I think it will be a few years of tweaking to find a suitable compromise between "championship" caliber courses and the current mix of average type tracts.

Seriously?
Emporia?

They know how to run a tournament there; that is the only good thing that I can think of to say about Worlds being there.

I went to Worlds 2018 in Smugglers Notch; it was amazing.
I went to Worlds 2019 in Peoria; it was good (only because Northwood has some amazing holes)
I think I'm going to Worlds 2020 in Utah; really undecided at this point because the golf course is such a bad venue.
I doubt I'll go to Worlds in 2021 because Emporia is just bland golf to watch.

Dumping pros off the team and opening cash to throw at the PDGA under the table for worlds in 2021... well played Dynamic, well played.

bucket