• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2nd Annual City of St. Louis Open C-Tier - Sat. Aug 16th - Willmore Park

stubborn puppet

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I'm a little embarrassed to post this so close to the date... but we just got a bit caught up in all the fantastic improvements at Willmore Park and all the sponsors and CTP's...

Willmore20Open20201420300dpi_zps0b989252.jpg~original

NOTEWORTHY ITEMS:
New concrete teepads at all holes. These are the biggest and best tees in the whole area - 13' long, 8' at the back, 5' at the front and they have a 3' red concrete foul box/landing zone. Simply amazing.

Reorganized layout on 5 holes to improve both the play and safety.

A new practice basket by hole 1 is also now in place. This is right near tournament central and allows for a great variety and range of shots.

There will also be multiple CTP's on every hole, including divisional CTP's, 2 cash CTP's on some of the short holes each round and, If the field fills and 75% of the field buys in to the CASH CTPs, they will be worth over $75/each!

Here is a picture of what the Player's Pack stash mini set (everyone gets one) and the round winner discs (2nd round) look like. All juniors get a disc no matter what! There will be an equal amount of brand new run Chiefs and Shamans to pick from.

WillmoreOpen20PP20amp20Round20Winner_zpsd0305a87.jpg~original

There are very few deductions that need to be calculated into the entry fees (PDGA and STLDGC fees are less than $5), so we are looking really good for payouts!

We are also planning a whole gamut of side games and special treats. We have a staggering array of local sponsors. The enormous St. Louis Disc Golf Club Travelling Store will be there in full swing. Etc., etc., etc...

If you would like to officially pre-register and guarantee your spot, please visit The Disc Golf Scene to pay ahead of time - http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/2nd_Annual_City_of_St_Louis_Open_2014

See you there!

Here are some updates from the TD - Greg Dohogne

Some more info for this weekend...

- I decided against trying to secure a food vendor...there are so many delicious neighborhood restaurants that I really didn't feel there was a need. Plus, a lot of them are jumping in as sponsors anyways! Just ask Matt or myself and we will point you in the right direction...trust me, if you can't find something that hits the spot you aren't trying hard enough!

- Matt Augustin has secured a BUNCH of CTP sponsors! He is still going to try to pull in some last minute sponsors tomorrow as well, so the list might even be bigger! Check out the attached flyer to see all of the current sponsors...

- Schlafly is donating a keg of suds for the event! This is a PDGA C-Tier event, so you are not supposed to drink during the round (park rules anyways), but the libations will be available in between rounds and afterwards at the pavilion. I will also have plenty of ice cold water available at both pavilions to keep you hydrated while you play.

- every alternate pin position will be used at some point during the the tournament, so the 2 rounds should have a different feel for certain. I am thinking about having a deuce bounty - the player that deuces the most pin positions wins a prize!

- I am working out the details of the Basket Madness competition. I guarantee it will be a great distraction while I am figuring out all of the scores or if you are looking for something to do before the second round gets started!

Get signed up at http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/2nd_Annual_City_of_St_Louis_Open_2014/registration!

See you there!

Willmore20Open20Sponsors20201420300dpi_zps998be570.jpg~original

Here are the results...

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Here is the link to the results on the PDGA website -
http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/19039

It was lousy weather for the most part, but the plethora of CTPs more than made up for it! With 27 total CTPs, a ton of different people came out winners at the end of the day! If you did not receive a tube of ZANFEL for taking your divisons CTP on Hole 8 or 15, please hit us up next time you see us.

And the award for SHOT OF THE DAY goes to Zackeriath Johnson! He ACED Hole 10A (372 ft.)! Nice shooting!

We would like to say "Thank You" to all of the volunteers (Greg Dohogne the TD, Rob Nahlik, Matt Augustin, Bob Waidmann, Daniel Doss, Tim Gorry, and anyone else I missed :? )...it wouldn't have been possible to pull this off without you!

See you at the Club Championships!

CityOfSTLOpenResults-page-001_zps7b105a7e.jpg~original

CityOfSTLOpenResults-page-002_zps61d3d0bd.jpg~original

2nd20Annual20CityOfSTLOpen20CTP20List-page-001_zps1a5f8b7f.jpg~original