• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2nd day playing

I know it is hard, but you should save your money and just learn to throw the discs in the starter pack really well fora couple months IMO. Especially, the putter and Mid. If you were a real purist/sadist, you would learn to throw you putter 300 feet before you moved on.

But if you really can't wait, get a Roc or a Buzzz for a Mid (or get both and compare if you aren't trying to keep this cheap).

Then you kind of have a choice. Do you want to stay safe with the well known and effective older Disc manufacturer brands, Innova and Discraft. Or do you have the time and money and desire to explore the entire world or Discs out there? It is safer to stay with the established guys. You can stay with them forever and be the World Champ if you got that far. But if you branch out, you will find Discs you might like better, and then you can have a lot of fun comparing them all to each other, and fretting over which ones to use ;)

Depending on your choice:

Innova:
- Leopard or Gazelle
- DX Teebird.
- Valkyrie if starter kit didn't come with
- Sidewinder

Discraft:
- Comet
- XL

Branching out:
- Latitude 64 Diamond
- MVP Inspire. I'd say get a Volt too and try it forehand. It is their best disc to me.
- Legacy Patriot/Rival

Here are a couple more tips:

- Watch this video about how discs fly, it covers the basics in a really understandable (but dorky) way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GwdghSH4rk

- Try forehand throws if you haven't yet. It is good to learn this early on. They might go farther than backhand at first and that will be fun for you. Then when you start seeing your backhand go farther, you know you are making progress. You can use any disc for this, but it will be easier to use a more stable disc, like the Teebird, or MVP Volt.

My buddy got talked into buying this after a couple weeks playing:

http://www.amazon.com/Aerobie-Epic-...440806354&sr=8-3&keywords=aerobie+epic+driver

Don't do that.

Latest posts