• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] 3-Disc Bag

emiller3

Double Eagle Member
Haven't kept up on equipment in the last couple years but I'm in Seattle for the week, didn't bring my discs, and decided to go play a few courses casually. Seems like a good time to try some new discs, I only wanna buy three, any recommendations on what I might be able to try and cover all the shots with? I have a decent forehand and backhand, looks like most holes will be < 380'.

If I had my bag, I'd probably bring:
  • KC Aviar (< 280')
  • CE Roc (< 330')
  • Teebird or Valk (< 400')

I'd always have to have 4 discs at the very least:

putting/throwing putter: Electron Pilot
OS approach: Z Zone
neutral to slightly US midrange: Opto-X Fuse
Straight to fade fairway: Teebird

OLF/MVP Tesla/DGA Banzai
JLS/Mint Jackalope
Invader/MVP Ohm

Looks to be fairly nice weather with calmer wind conditions. Perfect opportunity to try out some new/different molds as well.

Haven't kept up on equipment in the last couple years but I'm in Seattle for the week, didn't bring my discs, and decided to go play a few courses casually. Seems like a good time to try some new discs, I only wanna buy three, any recommendations on what I might be able to try and cover all the shots with? I have a decent forehand and backhand, looks like most holes will be < 380'.

• KC Aviar (< 280')
  • CE Roc (< 330')

Is it a good shop with access to a lot of companies?

Personally I'd skip the straight fairway and go putter, neutral mid and overstable fairway (firebird or alike) or even an overstable distance driver. I find that I can cover a lot of the straight drives with my mid and I'd rather have something accurate and dependable with more stability in the driver.

Stable-Overstable Fairway
Neutral-Stable Mid
Stable Putter

For me this is a Fortress, Gatekeeper, and Wizard

Three discs would be putter, understable fairway (no mid, gasp) and a slightly overstable driver. For me an understable fairway is more workable than any mid (and a roller disc). Stable putters throw far anyway. Stable driver with lower power in place of an overstable fairway/approach. Plus stable drivers are long if needed.

P2
Essence
Enigma

Last edited:
just got back from NC and only wanted to take 3 discs on the plane. Teebird3, Rat, and JK Aviar. fun combo!

I like where auzcar is thinking. If it's wooded, an OS fairway is very useful.

Mostly wooded:
Judge (or Reko), Old Truth, Felon

If open/longer:
Judge, Emac Truth, Enigma

Of these, I'd really recommend tying the Enigma. Quintessential workhorse distance driver for high-300' to sub-400'. Destroyer flight for the average.

• KC Aviar (< 280')
  • CE Roc (< 330')

I'm assuming they're mostly broken in, so I would go:

Baseline beaded putter
DX or KC Flat Top Roc
Star Teebird3

Latest posts