• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4 days in Portland

Avus

Birdie Member
I am starting to gather the plans for a buddies Bachelor party disc golf adventure and I wanted to post up our course schedule/selections for any input/ suggestions.

We are arriving on a Thursday in August and playing pretty non stop through Sunday.

The mandatories on the list are:

Riverbend
Timber
Highland
Canyon
Meadow ridge
Pier park

leaning towards:
Blue Lake
Mt Hood

Highly rated but not locked down:
Buxton Woods
Trojan Park
Dabney
Wheatland
Bonneville
LL Stub

Are there any more we are neglecting or should skip all together? Two of us are relatively highly skilled and will be helping the lowest two along. The middling player is happy to play every course on earth so he's not much of a concern for pace of play.

We haven't locked down lodging yet in an effort to get the house centrally located to our whole adventure.

Definitley do Milo and Pier. Hornings too. Buxton is one of my favorite courses and it's next to Stub which is also pretty epic and not talked about much.

Trojan is excellent imo, but a ways away. If you play Trojan you can also do McCormick in St. Helens. If you're trying to do 2 or so courses a day.

Blue lake is cool, but not really "Oregon" style. It's fantastic for what it is however. And if you liked the playoff and whatnot for 2014 worlds, it's fun to see and play. I'd definitley skip Dabney. Wheatlands is good but maybe not worth the trip from the Portland metro. I'd choose to play many of the other courses mentioned 2 or 3 times versus..

Definitley do Milo and Pier. Hornings too. Buxton is one of my favorite courses and it's next to Stub which is also pretty epic and not talked about much.

Trojan is excellent imo, but a ways away. If you play Trojan you can also do McCormick in St. Helens. If you're trying to do 2 or so courses a day.

Blue lake is cool, but not really "Oregon" style. It's fantastic for what it is however. And if you liked the playoff and whatnot for 2014 worlds, it's fun to see and play. I'd definitley skip Dabney. Wheatlands is good but maybe not worth the trip from the Portland metro. I'd choose to play many of the other courses mentioned 2 or 3 times versus..

All of this.

McCormick is great golf. Stubb is great golf. Buxton is great golf. Pier is great golf. Horning's is great golf. Trojan is fun. Dabney is funnish.

Milo is a different level. And worth spinning twice.

Good deal, thanks guys.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Good deal, thanks guys.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We took a similar trip a few years ago and hit most of those on your list. Unfortunately we were unable to play Hornings Hideout as the grounds were closed due to a hippie fest going on. We went and played Trojan instead and it was a great experience. There is a lot of water, so the less experienced players will probably lose some plastic. It was a super cool course though and if you have time I would say to hit it.

I am starting to gather the plans for a buddies Bachelor party disc golf adventure and I wanted to post up our course schedule/selections for any input/ suggestions.

We are arriving on a Thursday in August and playing pretty non stop through Sunday.

The mandatories on the list are:

Riverbend
Timber
Highland
Canyon
Meadow ridge
Pier park

leaning towards:
Blue Lake
Mt Hood

Highly rated but not locked down:
Buxton Woods
Trojan Park
Dabney
Wheatland
Bonneville
LL Stub

Are there any more we are neglecting or should skip all together? Two of us are relatively highly skilled and will be helping the lowest two along. The middling player is happy to play every course on earth so he's not much of a concern for pace of play.

We haven't locked down lodging yet in an effort to get the house centrally located to our whole adventure.

Timber is a good stop and pairs well with Milo, but I'd rank a second round at Milo or a Blue Lake round way above it. Trojan and McCormick are both worth it, but a good haul from PDX, as is Wheatland. If you're willing to drive to Wheatland or McCormick or Bonneville, consider a bit more driving time and hit Adair and/or Bryant.

Fun trip!

Latest posts