• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

50 bucks, what to get?

a $50 donation to the blake t. offshore bank account fund is always a charitable usage of disc funds hehe.

almost forgot - somebody was selling 11 soft magnets for $45... if that's your putter, it's a great buy.

I think I want to try something in place of the valk that is in my bag now. I cant seem to get the right amount of control over it. I dont really seem the point f having more than 3 putters. Since I dont have a basket I really dont see the reason.
Forgive me father I have sinned.....

I think I want to try something in place of the valk that is in my bag now. I cant seem to get the right amount of control over it.

WILDCAT - I switched from Valks and haven't looked back. They really are great discs, both in X and Z.

OldTyme said:
I'm hardly an authority on disc selection, but I think you have a well-balanced bag there jmammo. : )

Get the 5 misprint Wizard deal. : )

i like this advice! nothing like having that box of wizards come in the mail...

coogs, it sounds like if you get some teebirds they might be domey (as stated by that other thread) so make sure to call where you're ordering from to see if they have some flatter teebirds. it also sounds like you're missing the control driver spot in your bag... beasts are good for distance but not for versatily, or consistency. so you'de better get some cyclones or gazelles.

jmammo, you just need more backups if you don't already have them.

i'm not a big fan of buying a bunch of different molds just to see what they do... i'd rather just watch my friends do that and test 'em out. if you gotta spend 50 bucks of DG, consider some dvds.

I have back ups all right! I have 4 Rocs in my bag and I have 7 backups, 2 teebirds in the bag and 2 backups. 4 backup gazelles and 2 leopards and 1 firebird.
i will have to look into the wildcat, but I will probably end up buying on and if I dont like it I will sell it here.

jmammo said:
I think I want to try something in place of the valk that is in my bag now.

X avenger alittle lighter than you like your valks (i switched from 172 valks to 168 gram x avengers and gained alittle d and control)

I wonder if Blake sells the flattop DX Teebird? :?:

If he does, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather give my money to.

there were never any flat top dx teebirds, they varied from domey with a flat spot in the center to domey without a flat spot

if your looking for a valk like disc, try a spectra from discraft. They are as fast as a wraith, with the stability of a broken in dx beast imo. I love this disc, it doesn't need alot of height either. I believe a z spectra is extremely underated

I am extremely impressed with how far the SOLF, especially when coupled with it's very straight flight path. I got no suggestions other than a control driver like a Gazelle, Cyclone, Squall and maybe the rest of the money on putters...

I've only read about half of the thread, but I'd say don't buy any discs at all...

Buy a couple of dry weave shirts for the warm season, which is going to last longer and be hotter anyway from here on out right?

Or find another $10 or $20 dollars and get some nice light hiking shoes from an internet seller. My thoroughly beat Solomon Extend mids are still stable enough to not turn over (my ankles) :lol:

Maybe as already mentioned save a little longer and get a basket. I love my Skill Shot, and have seen and liked the DGA Mach-Lite.

Or just buy discs. I do, to the tune of about $30 a month. Addicted? Oh yeah!

gwailo said:
Or just buy discs. I do, to the tune of about $30 a month. Addicted? Oh yeah!

. . . Lucky, I spend more than that a month on shipping (trades and internet purchaces)

Latest posts