• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A wasp splashed...

disctribution

Par Member
Hole #4, Troy Korsgaden DGC in Visalia, CA. We're playing a league doubles round. Me and my partner, Clint, who's 100% deaf, are playing with our only local pro, who drew the single team. Mel, the pro, throws first, a sidewalk skipper that skims the chains and we all let out a groan. So I grab my WASP. After all, it's only about 200 feet and I was going to try and mimic Mel's line. I line up and release on a low hyzer, looking for some nice skips off the bark between me and the hole. Get one big skip at about 125 feet, which then hits the chains and falls to the bottom of the basket. I'm standing there in disbelief. This was, after all, my first ace ever. I turned around and realized the other guys were yelling and jumping up and down. Then Mel, who was the league coordinator, pulls out the ace pot. He hands me a stack of ones and fives that barely fits in my wallet. Overall, it came out to about $150. What an awesome experience, and something I've been waiting about 3 years for now!

Then, about 30 minutes later, Mel throws a firebird on a low sidearm towards basket 14, skips, goes through a tree, and lands in the basket. Fortunately, for me, there was only one ace pot! :lol: I still gave him $5 lol.

Usually I see the ace pot being divided between all the aces in a round.

You got lucky that you got the whole thing because you played an ace hole first.

Parks said:
Usually I see the ace pot being divided between all the aces in a round.

You got lucky that you got the whole thing because you played an ace hole first.

Yeah I asked him if he wanted to split, he refused. Anyone else woulda taken the money!

Latest posts