• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces, 2009 edition

TeamTollandDG said:
Solbo said:
TeamTollandDG said:
Solbo said:
Here's the scene. Start Horn just went off for a tourney in NH. Shake hands with the 2 guys I am playing with. MPO. First guy steps up and aces the hole. 250' down hill.

How are you supposed to follow that up?

A quick side kick to the knee. Take out the competition :twisted:

It was funny. He was killing it, then came back to us a little bit, then killed it again and pulled away at the end. What can ya do? I should have made all those makeable putts and I would have been fine.

Yup......you should have swept the leg on the first tee when you had a chance to.
:lol:

BOOYAKA!!

Just aced hole 17 at Lakeshore in Ypsi with...surprise surprise...An ESP Comet!

I haven't got one since last summer, damnit. I've had a few close calls recently, so maybe soon.

Got one yesterday
Hole 18 at Lincoln drive park 360' tunnel shot and maybe a 8' rise
Normally I use a teebird because it has a low ceiling, but because it has not been working out so well (form troubles). I thought I would see how a Star Leo would work. I threw a nice "s" shot and it faded right into the basket. Guess I will be using the Leo from now on :)

Got my second ace this weekend. Hole 4 at Acorn Park, MN on my second round of the day. I threw a nice easy Z Wasp (a new disc for me) and it had a beautiful right to left hyzer line right into the basket. Unfortunately none of my friends were with me, just some other guy and his kid walking off the hole. I've only been playing since Feb of this year so I think I'm doing pretty well. My first was hole 9 at Oakwood Park, MN. I was having a terrible round with my friends and threw my champ Sidewinder and made a nice s-curve right into the basket.

It's such and awesome feeling when it looks good and actually nails the chains.

Last night a buddy of mine aced hole 18 at plamann park in Appleton WI... that's the 5th ace I've witnessed this year, unfortunately only 2 of them were mine.

"I just aced it, in the butt."

That was the immature phrase I used after acing hole nine at McPherson Park, in Flagstaff. I was with a rather large group of friends, driving first. The hole is about 340 some feet, and and fades right to where you cannot see the basket from the teepad, as up until about 300 feet there is a heavy group of trees all along the right side. I usually follow this group real close with a max, but I got rid of my Max and Wraith, in an effort to cut down on discs. I explained that since there was a slight left to right cross wind, I was going to fore hand my boss on a slight hyzer into the middle of the fairway, to where the wind would catch the belly of the disc and blow it into the chains. I said, "Better get ready, I'm about to ace this. Yeah, for sure. I'm an excellent disc golfer." I threw it just as I had wanted. And though, I could not see or hear it the basket, I said, "I just aced it, in the butt." They all doubted me. I was right.

Just got my 2nd career ace. Willow Woods course. Hole #5. DX Eagle 166g. Party of 7

About 250ft lots of trees. Best line is an S shape rhbh.

I tried to throw easy anhyzer with my eagle. But instead I missed my line way to the left and threw it almost flat. I watched it turn into a few trees and figured it would hit and die for at worst an easy par. But it hits a skinny little tree flies right almost to fast to follow and nothing but chains. It happened so fast I almost didn't even know it happened till I saw the small orange patch sitting in the basket.

Had 2 near misses so far this week, both at Belmont.

One chain-out on #7, a short 250 footer with hardly any obstacles. Just glad I hit the basket to stop the flight because there is a GIANT hill into a street directly behind it.

Also hit the basket on #14 which I was super excited about, it is a 300 footer parked on top of a 4 foot tall mound.

2 very ace-able holes. Hope to add both of them to my list very soon.

Just got one playing a lonely round. Met up to a group on hole #15 at riverpark and they of course let me play through.
It's about 320' tighter fairway straight shot with the basket placed on the right side. Pulled out my trusty sidewinder (as I said it's my disc) backhand turned right into the basket, nothing but chains. Someone even called it in the middle of the flight "That's gonna hit".

Ace #4 last night in league, first money ace (although the pot was really small, people have been smashing a lot of aces in league this summer, but oh well, I'll take what I can get :) )

Hole 12 Oakland back, from the B teepad on the hill. Its about 270', but about 10' in elevation change to the pin, which is up a little alley of trees on a path about 10' wide. Big hyzer over the trees on the right, straight into the basket with a 169 Z Predator.

got my 3rd of the year yesterday, #14 at red arrow in oshkosh with an esp comet (thanks jesse!). it was a cool throw to watch, the basket is on the side of a hill, the throw was lower than the basket until about 30ft from the basket when a gust of wind pushed it up to basket height... then another gust maybe 5 ft from the basket pushed it up again so it just squeeked in. i was pretty shocked, i didn't think it had a chance. fun stuff.

Ace #5 August 23rd Hole #1 at Havard, IL new course. 170ish really short with a Wizard. My first wizard ace, 3rd Gateway ace, 1st putter ace. Since then I have had 3 metal hits on drives. I have a good feeling about the rest of the season.

Got my second ace yesterday at Badlands. #7 of the Blair Witch with a 169g DX Teebird. Witnessed by my buddy I was playing with and 3 of the Badlands Pirates on the tee for #8. Even got some Pirates to sign it! YAR!!!!

Just got my 1st ace ever on hole #7 at Hilliard park in Beloit WI. Its really short, probably about 200'. the only obstuction is a huge tree on the right and its branches limit the ceiling a bit. It was dead nuts straight into the chains. I'll be grinnin for a week :D

Ace #5 (and 5th this year if anyones counting :wink: ) on hole 13 (b position) at Golden Gate Park DGC, Forehand with my XXX, second XXX ace :mrgreen:

Parma Disc Golf Course in Rochester Ny. I hit hole 1 its a 358' long hole it was so sweet

hit my first ace this year. 9/06/09 at around 11am
HOle #16 at Crystal Lakes DGC at SoVi(South Vineland Park)
That's my 8th ace and my 6th at Crystal Lakes. I still have the record at Crystal Lakes :)