• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Advanced Clinic with Nate Doss, Avery Jenkins, & Val Jenkins, Charlotte 10/6

I would first like to thank burnin4 aka Austin for putting on this great clinic. I am also very excited to see that we already have 25 people attending.

I look forward to working with tournament players to help them move there game onward and upward. I must admit that as a tournament player I constantly re-work my game to try and keep on top. I hope that what I have learned over the years can help the attendees of this awesome clinic.

See you all very soon!

Nate Doss

Thanks for posting Nate!

We still have a few available spots! Don't wait, send me an email at fisher.austin@gmail to reserve your spot. Thanks!

Off topic but you guys should bring your clinic to Rockford IL. We now have three courses in one park just to perk your interest. :)

It's great what you guys are doing. Keep up the good work burnin4, Nate and crew!

^Thanks! I'm sure Nate will be reading your request, hope he can set something up for you in the future.

2 spots left!!!

10am Sunday October 6th at Hornet's Nest, first large shelter on the right near hole 5. Please send me a pm if you have any specific questions, thanks!

looks like we have all 30 spots filled, will take a few more if there is anyone else interested.

I'll see everyone tomorrow morning, Hornet's Nest first large shelter on the right near hole 5, starting at 10 am. Thanks!

I guess that I won't get an argument from anyone on the site for welcoming Nate to the forum!!
I will tell you Nate that this is without a doubt the greatest site bar none. The people who are here are some if not the most knowledgeable people in Disc Golf.
There are other pros who post here and you wisdom of dg is more than welcome, Val's welcome too.
Yours truely,
turbine aka Bill

Thanks again for organizing this Austin and to Nate, Val and Avery for the time. Took some great points away on driving form (both backhand and forehand). The time with Nate talking about disc selection, tourney prep and managing expectations was great. Great guy and was open/honest to a level I was shocked by. He gave us insite into the last round of USDGC and how to manage having a bad hole. I'll be rooting him on in the future.

Oh, and to add that I stayed around Hornets Nest and bested my previous hot rounds out there by 3 strokes and finally hit the electrical box on #2 with my tee shot. Hooray~!

Thanks again for organizing this Austin and to Nate, Val and Avery for the time. Took some great points away on driving form (both backhand and forehand). The time with Nate talking about disc selection, tourney prep and managing expectations was great. Great guy and was open/honest to a level I was shocked by. He gave us insite into the last round of USDGC and how to manage having a bad hole. I'll be rooting him on in the future.
I second this. Nate really won me over. He's the kind of guy you really want to pull for. Now I have to retire my Buzzz since he signed it. :)

It was pretty funny when, before starting the driving discussion/lesson/demonstration, a dude walks up wanting to play through. 25 people watching including Val, Avery, Nate watch him nervously throw a couple bad shots from the tee. I was wondering if he knew who they were. But then I had some of the worst drives myself, so...

But Val and Avery are really good teachers. It's cool to see them spot flaws so quickly. Highly recommended if you ever see anything like this close to you.

Did anybody video tape it, errrr.... DIGITAL CAMERA record it? How old am I? Jesus.

I would just like to say that it's pretty phenomenal that pros at the top of the game are willing to put on clinics. It is such a great thing to see - clearly a desire to grow the sport - support the sport. I'm absolutely impressed.

Can you imagine a pro tennis / basketball / baseball player putting on a weekend clinic? I can't.

Keeping in mind that first place to the USDGC paid $7,500, you couldn't get a top pro in a major sport to blow their nose for that kind of money. But that's part of what makes DG so special. While you wish those guys could be rewarded more, there's a kind of purity knowing they're really only doing it because they love it.

The Disc Golf Guy, Terry, was there. I think something might pop up somewhere.

Glad to here that

The Disc Golf Guy, The Disc Golf Guy, The Disc Golf Guy, The Disc Golf Guy and his Video Blog

was there. Hopefully there's some meat to the coverage (more than just interviews). I love seeing videos like the Yeti driving video, Dave's putting clinic, etc.

I thought the clinic went great! Thanks to everyone that came out, look forward to doing it again next year!

Terry, The Disc Golf Guy did film parts of the clinic, hope he posts up a vid soon!

Glad to here that

The Disc Golf Guy, The Disc Golf Guy, The Disc Golf Guy, The Disc Golf Guy and his Video Blog

was there. Hopefully there's some meat to the coverage (more than just interviews). I love seeing videos like the Yeti driving video, Dave's putting clinic, etc.

lol :)

My favorite line from the clinic -

Nate, do you retire the disc when you get an ace?

"No, an ace is a bad shot."

Ha, that's awesome. (very true and i believe it as well) but that's great to hear a top level pro shares my normally mocked attitude.

Latest posts