• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alas poor MacBeth, we hardly knew ye

I see he is a 1051 currently......1/2/2019

I just saw the rating and he hit 1051. This year may be interesting. Hard to go much higher.

Disclaimer 1) I know it's spelled McBeth, it makes the play on words more...pompous? No, that can't be it

Disclaimer 2) I'm either committing the vilest heresy or saving saving the brightest star in DG

Disclaimer 3) I wasn't paying attention to DG until last year so I didn't experience 2012-2015 for all the historical perspective

OK, here we go: McBeth is done. I predict he'll be 1030 rated before he's ever 1050 rated again; if he is ever rated that high again. No DGPT or NT first places the rest of the year and more finishes out of the top 10 than in. I can't tell you how painful it is to type this: Don't waste your Skip Ace picks.

I feel sick and sad and I hope I'm wrong and I hope every last poster tears me to pieces with acerbic wit and irrefutable arguments against. And if anyone mentions marriage or wife, may you be blessed with the peaceful relationship you deserve

Let the flaming begin!

There is a disturbing trend in McBeths last 3 rounds...he is between 5 and 8 shots worse versus the round prior....its a downward spiral

There is a disturbing trend in McBeths last 3 rounds...he is between 5 and 8 shots worse versus the round prior....its a downward spiral

I'm really not sure what you mean. He is averaging 1084 his last 2 rounds, is leading by 10 strokes, and improved by one stroke his last 2 rounds.

I'm really not sure what you mean. He is averaging 1084 his last 2 rounds, is leading by 10 strokes, and improved by one stroke his last 2 rounds.

4 rounds ago was the -18....the three rounds since have not been as good...hahaha....see the funny? I see where th eway i phrased it was off...where i said the round prior I meant prior to the last 3 not prior to each previous round.

4 rounds ago was the -18....the three rounds since have not been as good...hahaha....see the funny? I see where th eway i phrased it was off...where i said the round prior I meant prior to the last 3 not prior to each previous round.

Yeah, he isn't throwing 18 down every round. What a bum.

Dude looked real good on the R1 Throw Down the Mountain coverage. Paul's putter is hot right now. I'm starting to believe that 2019 could be McBeth's best season since 2015. It all depends on the putter because he rest of his game is consistently top level. Looks like he favors the new first run Lunas over the protos. He was canning putts at Waco and is doing the same this weekend in Florida.

Yeah, he isn't throwing 18 down every round. What a bum.

Dude looked real good on the R1 Throw Down the Mountain coverage. Paul's putter is hot right now. I'm starting to believe that 2019 could be McBeth's best season since 2015. It all depends on the putter because he rest of his game is consistently top level. Looks like he favors the new first run Lunas over the protos. He was canning putts at Waco and is doing the same this weekend in Florida.

What's hilarious to me is that Paul alone created the plateau by which he's judged by these internet types... Literally the only guy who can do what has been done to create the space to even criticize the guy. His own success is weaponized against him by these people! It boggles the mind that they still do the mental gymnastics to downplay the guys skill after all this, but I do enjoy chuckling about the keyboard hyzer warrior stuff when I see it. Every time this thread pops up I laugh my glutes clean off. Paul is the freakin man.

You have to aim a little lower with your humor because it's going right over everyone's head.

McBeth is a machine. I think the Buzzz and Predator seem to fit his game better. Paul with the Luna is just straight up crazy.

McBeth is a machine. I think the Buzzz and Predator seem to fit his game better. Paul with the Luna is just straight up crazy.

Crazy how well he's throwing the Buzzz. Shouldn't be surprising because he's Paul McBeth. But everyone was all "he's going to throw Wasps because they are more similar to Rocs."

He's reaching for the Buzzz more often, and is absolutely carving up courses with it. Clearly that archer is going to make any good arrows work for him.

He apparently likes these first run Lunas. His putting was only okay until Waco. Now the last two tournaments he's turned the McBeast putting mode back on. When watching coverage I now expect him to make almost everything 50' and in. He's automatic right now.

Two tournaments in a row isn't a long stretch, but he hasn't looked this confident in years.

You have to aim a little lower with your humor because it's going right over everyone's head.

For me, this whole thread is a tongue and cheek commentary on his greatness. This is exactly why its funny to keep it going =) The dude is so good at what he does and keeps amazing us with new ways of being great. None of what I am posting is criticism, im just trying to keep the commentary running "that he is so good that when he is slightly less good than unfreaking unbelievable he has lost it." - mmmmmk

Latest posts