• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

An appropriate Username...again :(

I threw discs today!

My little T-Rex forehand was good for a couple of 250' drives, and even though it was tight and stiff and didn't feel fluid at all, I made it through 27 holes uninjured. (18 holes at a VERY short course, 9 at a bit longer course.)
I can putt from about 25' max, so trying to throw in from 40' - 60' instead of putting is weird, but whatever. I was just ecstatic to be out playing again.

On the way home we stopped for lunch. I ended up with a burrito the size of a loaf of bread.
I am content.
Congrats! I'm glad to hear that you are getting better. Now... where did you get this burrito?

I wouldn't say that based on where this thread is going. I was thinking that screwing up my shoulder would be good considering that my form is absolute trash. This thread has made me completely reverse that decision. Any tips for a young over confident disc golfer that has a habit of finding unconvential ways to throw?

Wish u the best. Sounds like you've been thru a lot. When I hurt my leg the doctor gave me this stretchy tape to use to help strengthen the muscles/tissue. He told me a story about a high school girls basketball player who dislocated her shoulder every time she tried to play. So one day the coach taped her shoulder with this tape and she didn't have any problems since. There's probably some exaggeration involved and she might have dislocated it for different reasons, but it might be worth looking into. I know it helped with my leg

I wouldn't say that based on where this thread is going. I was thinking that screwing up my shoulder would be good considering that my form is absolute trash. This thread has made me completely reverse that decision. Any tips for a young over confident disc golfer that has a habit of finding unconvential ways to throw?

Slow down.
Play within your capabilities.
Learn that sometimes it's okay to pitch out and take your lumps.

Thing is, some people can get away with all that, from a physical standpoint. My anatomy was such that I was going to injure my shoulder at some point unless I just never did anything at all. You just need to check yourself once in awhile and make the safer play.

Wish u the best. Sounds like you've been thru a lot. When I hurt my leg the doctor gave me this stretchy tape to use to help strengthen the muscles/tissue. He told me a story about a high school girls basketball player who dislocated her shoulder every time she tried to play. So one day the coach taped her shoulder with this tape and she didn't have any problems since. There's probably some exaggeration involved and she might have dislocated it for different reasons, but it might be worth looking into. I know it helped with my leg

I've tried that tape before. Anymore at this point now, after surgery, I just do what I can to keep my arm out of compromising positions. Part of that is limited ROM, but also I'm not lifting overhead, throwing backhand, catching myself with outstretched arms if I fall...
Good suggestion though.

^ Yep, pretty much. I think my brother sprained his ankle once. No broken bones or anything for him, where I've had...10, I think...? I played too many sports and played them too hard.

^^^makes sense. They don't make a branch or shoulder sleeve that would help u at all? How many times have u hurt it?

By "shoulder sleeve", I was thinking like a copper fit thing, but for your shoulder not knee.

I dislocated my shoulder in the week leading up to the first football game of my senior year of high school. It probably needed surgery but that would have meant missing the whole season so I just did PT. In retrospect I should have had the surgery then because it still pops out easily of I'm not careful. Luckily it is my non-dominant shoulder. I've just sort of figured out what my shoulder can and can't do and its rarely given me an issue, even with physical jobs or playing physical sports.