• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another First dye attempt

chongomasters

So i found this image and cut this out today at work. Just waiting to get home in about 3 more hours so i can drop it into some dye. Ill post final product when complete.

discdye.jpg

Zombie Michael Jackson?

I don't about others' experiences, but I would put a single cover piece along the top there. I've had bleeding trying to cover exposed areas with more than one piece. Cool looking stencil though.

Ya its all one piece but it got really close at the very top and bottom. It just barely wrapped around the lip so i used some tape to try and keep it bent around the rim. But i screwed up checking for bubbles and a bunch of dye got under the tape. still waiting to take it out, so well see how it looks. Oh ya, the image is some album artwork from a band called sigur ros.

So here it is. The image came out very well, no bleeds or anything. I did get bleeds at the top and bottom, mostly on the back of the rim. the pictures are not the greatest as they were taken with my phone. 175g destroyer

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

so here is number 2. it makes me laugh everytime i look at it. the left eye is kinda messed up. i got bleeds on the back of the rim again, guess i need to pay more attention when wrapping the paper around the back. I may add borders to the top and bottom and cover the bleeds on the top. its a 174 g star wraith.

rocc.jpg

so here is number 2. it makes me laugh everytime i look at it. the left eye is kinda messed up. i got bleeds on the back of the rim again, guess i need to pay more attention when wrapping the paper around the back. I may add borders to the top and bottom and cover the bleeds on the top. its a 174 g star wraith.

Just use a bigger piece of vinyl/ contact paper when masking. It's a lot easier to wrap a bigger piece around the disc than to try to patch it up with other smaller pieces and hope they don't bleed. :D

i did use a bigger piece on the second one. Was 12 X 12 inches. The dye just got in one of the creases and ran all the way to the back of the flight plate. then it ran back under the contact paper to the rim. Would be a good dye for a roc.

Last edited: