• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Anvil to Verdict Comparison

fishballer06

Eagle Member
I've been looking to pick up a Westside Anvil for forehand approach shots and such. I already bag a Verdict. How does the Anvil compare to the Verdict?

Ive thrown both, I believe the Anvil to be smaller diameter and considerable more overstable overall.

Both that I have owned were flattopped and great discs.

Harp/Zone is also a great pairing to Verdict...a bit more HSS than the Verdict, smaller diameter, slower. Basically when the Verdict will sail a bit too much forward or keep too much speed to skip on the ground, the Harp will kind of dump off speed instead. And when the ceiling is too low for the Harp, the Verdict can easily get there on the FH laser line.

Anvil is very OS. More of a utility disc in my opinion. One of my absolute favourites! Definitely won't overlap with your verdict, and fits perfectly for FH grip. However, i'd say that most players will find more use for the harp and zone because the fade is more mellow where as the anvil will skip.

Just picked up an Anvil yesterday, and love the feel of it in my hand. Very similar to that of a Caiman or Mortar in dimensions, but more of a tapered rim to it.

I'll comment again once I get to throw it, as I've been bagging a Verdict as my OS mid for quite a while now

Would love to hear how the Anvil compares to the Suspect, too.... More HSS than the Suspect?

The anvil flies true to its numbers of 4 2 0 4. Small diameter, over stable to the point of fighting to the ground as opposed to fading laterally. As said before, it's more of a utility disc. I bag a zone to compliment the anvil, where one drives to the ground (anvil) and one faded to the side (zone)