• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Westside VIP Ice Orbit Hatchet vs K1 Falk

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
I currently bag a VIP Hatchet in my US 9-speed slot, but I'm putting together a second bag and looking for another option. I don't really have any complaints about the Hatchet, it would just be fun to try something new. The two finalists are the VIP Ice Orbit Hatchet and the K1 Falk.

Does the VIP Ice Orbit plastic change the stability compared to regular VIP in this mold? (I've heard that the VIP Ice Orbit discs typically come out with more dome than the regular VIP.)

How does the K1 Falk compare to the regular VIP Hatchet for stability & flight? Any noticeable differences between the opaque & clear K1 in this mold? (I have a clear K1 Soft Berg that has noticeably more glide than my opaque K1 Soft Berg. Yes, a Berg with glide...)

My opaque Falk is noticeably more understable than my clear Falk. But the opaque is also a lot domier too.

I have a clear K1 Soft Falk that is considerably more stable than the TP Hatchets I threw 8 years ago. I wouldnt really have expected these to be comparable molds. IME Falk is like a Saint, and Hatchet was more like a Fury.

I ended up getting a translucent pink K1 Falk. You are correct, it's more stable than my VIP Hatchet. Saint is a good approximation for stability.

The Falk feels fantastic and still made the bag, just not in the slot I was expecting.

I ended up getting a translucent pink K1 Falk. You are correct, it's more stable than my VIP Hatchet. Saint is a good approximation for stability.

The Falk feels fantastic and still made the bag, just not in the slot I was expecting.
i found a 22 falk that is extremely neutral , flat the finsh might be 10-15 ft tps. just wonder if it will beat in to understable or just stay straight

i found a 22 falk that is extremely neutral , flat the finsh might be 10-15 ft tps. just wonder if it will beat in to understable or just stay straight

From what I've read, the Falk is an odd duck that actually gets MORE OS as it beats in. Mine hasn't been thrown enough to confirm or deny that, though.

I can say that it feels & flies fantastic.

From what I've read, the Falk is an odd duck that actually gets MORE OS as it beats in. Mine hasn't been thrown enough to confirm or deny that, though.

I can say that it feels & flies fantastic.

That was my experience with one of the originals, maybe five years ago. I was looking for an alternative to the FD (they were getting hard to find at the time), and it just seemed to take on more fade the more I threw it....