• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any ATL/Georgia players?

nojjjj

Par Member
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place...

I haven't played disc golf for three years, which lines up with since I've moved to Georgia. I never really played alone in Michigan, and have continued said tradition.

If anyone wants to throw a round or two, I'd be very happy to meet up in Georgia, I would love to get back into the game!

A lot of times, clubs and leagues are a great start on finding players. Perhaps a search here of your local courses will give some insight into leagues or clubs active at those courses. Or just move back here to Michigan.

I'm in the ATL area! What part of town do you live in?

I'm an Augusta guy, but Atlanta has a really active Facebook group.
Atlanta Disc Golf

I'm smack in the heart of the city. Let's play. In fact, let's get some more people from here together.

I appreciate all the responses. I'll def check out local courses/Facebook. Also, I am in Tucker, so I can easily get anywhere in the city pretty quickly.

Also, hopefully none of you need to go near the 85 collapse!

Like others have said, the ATL scene is big on Facebook, so if you have one of those, hit us up. There are plenty of good courses, just a little spread out.

Also, I am in Tucker, so I can easily get anywhere in the city pretty quickly.

That made me do a double take. I've never manage to get anywhere quickly in that city. Traffic 2nd only to LA. Still one of my favorite places with a ton of good courses.

Last edited:
That made me do a double take. I've never manage to get anywhere quickly in that city. Traffic 2nd only to LA. Still one of my favorite places with a ton of good courses.

You (plural) may have heard about the bridge on I-85 collapsing after a huge fire. National story. Traffic is now officially "worse". Disc golf still great in the ATL area.

So favorite north of Macon and west of Augusta course? Mine would be either Lula or Perkerson, but have not had a chance to try Hobbs yet.

Haven't played Lula yet, but Hobbs and Boudary Waters are both as good as Perkerson IMO. Hobbs is probably best of the 3.

I'm an hour west of Atlanta, but it's not too out of the way to go to a suburban course like Oregon Park. Atlanta has some pretty good courses all around its perimeter though!

Flyboy
Crucible
Hobbs
Haywood Valley
NGCT
Tyus
Perkerson

Few issues with this. If I'm not mistaken, the crucible is not a permanent course and is only set up rarely for tournaments. I know for a fact this is the case with Haywood Valley and they have a strict no trespassing law. Also, Flyboy is no longer open because of issues with discs being thrown onto the tarmac in front of planes.
Perkerson is a pretty good course inner city, but for a little bit of a drive, I definitely second Hobbs Park. Awesome course.

Don't live in ATL but have been in that area frequently for a variety of things, and without a doubt Hobbs is my favorite so far. Probably played 7 or 8 Atlanta area courses.

Latest posts