• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any Discraft pros you are tired of hearing about?

Brodie Smith, and I don't think he is has even played in a PDGA event yet.

I was tired of him just at the first time I found out he wanted to start playing Disc Golf. I thought he might try and be some stunt for Discraft and the possibly PDGA its self.

Last edited:
Brodie Smith grew on me after the the rounds he posted.

Yeah I have some respect for the way he is doing stuff in taking it seriously that he wants to compete at the top or a high level as a PDGA Pro, but he seems to be doing it in this big overly long process to have a fan grab for his main YouTube channel that turns me off personally.

This thread is the online equivalent of spouting off the things you wish you had the courage to say to people, but never would in real life, while in the shower.

Have something to say about how you feel about Paul, Brodie, Paige, or Hannah then post it on their various social media pages and use your real name.

People are People, ask Depeche Mode.

Having manners is not the same as a lack of courage.

In this thread, I answered the OP's question and only expanded on my reasons when asked. If Paul, Brodie, or Hannah asked my opinion (which they never would) I would give them the same honest feedback.

But, to create a social media account (I don't have one) just to go give them negative feedback seems like adding unnecessary negativity to the world.

Besides, even if I were that spiteful, I doubt they would take the feedback from one contrarian. So, the relevance of my opinion barely extends to the edge of this thread.

Also, there are obviously enough people who feel differently (social followers) that they really shouldn't listen to my opinion. The truth is that I'm just not part of their target audience, so my opinion is meaningless.

Yeah I have some respect for the way he is doing stuff in taking it seriously that he wants to compete at the top or a high level as a PDGA Pro, but he seems to be doing it in this big overly long process to have a fan grab for his main YouTube channel that turns me off personally.

I don't think Brodie is long for disc golf and agree that this is likely a stunt to add to his (already expansive) YouTube audience.

This thread is the online equivalent of spouting off the things you wish you had the courage to say to people, but never would in real life, while in the shower.

Have something to say about how you feel about Paul, Brodie, Paige, or Hannah then post it on their various social media pages and use your real name.

People are People, ask Depeche Mode.

Since when is having an opinion considered "spouting off"?

This forum is nothing but opinions; opinions on discs, rules, tournaments, companies and pretty much anything else, so then why should opinions on players be somehow excluded?

Will the secret DGCR SJW's "with fake names also I might add" pop out and give those with a less than stellar opinion of a player a sever type lashing?

I also don't care for PP, it drives me nuts to watch her putt.
I don't care for BS because he's an attention whore. I don't hate either of these two, I just don't like them, So sue me for having an opinion.

I also don't give a rats a$$ about social media.

And in real life, I do give my opinion when asked, if no one asks, I keep my mouth shut.:p

Hannah is cringe-worthy. You're not a vlogger/social media influencer, etc. because you married someone talented. Just stop... only the fanbois care.

How is Hannah not a vlogger? She has tripled the amount of subscribers Paul had on his YT channel since she started vlogging.

Also, you said "only the fanbois care" immediately after expressing your strong opinion of something. I guess that makes you a fanboi.

How is Hannah not a vlogger? She has tripled the amount of subscribers Paul had on his YT channel since she started vlogging.

Also, you said "only the fanbois care" immediately after expressing your strong opinion of something. I guess that makes you a fanboi.

During disc golf tournaments, I register for the Open division. But, that doesn't make me a professional disc golfer...

I was simply sharing my opinion and answering the question from my perspective. I do not expect anyone to care, or change what they're doing because I don't like it.

As I said above, and you confirmed, people are eating it up (tripled the number of subscribers Paul has). So, there is obviously a market for the content, I'm just not interested.

Here's the thing I don't understand about vloggers/vlogging - How is there an audience? Why do people like to watch someone else's life instead of living their own... Especially people with relatively boring lives...

Here's the thing I don't understand about vloggers/vlogging - How is there an audience? Why do people like to watch someone else's life instead of living their own... Especially people with relatively boring lives...

Personally I watch a lot more disc golf vlogs and random videos when the weather around here is too miserable for me to get out and play.

I can't imagine your thoughts on TV/movie audiences. That's people watching the lives of other people... who don't even exist! It's actually actors pretending to go through various scenarios.

Audiences are a group of people who go out of their way to experience something entertaining, right? So obviously vlogging audiences exist because people find the vlogs entertaining.

Surely you are capable of realizing that not every other human shares your exact sense of entertainment. That's really as much thought as you should put into it. Trying to figure out why people like what they like is a long road to go down.

It's a parasocial relationship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasocial_interaction#Parasocial_relationships

You may be familiar with this concept already: people who are fans of and watch many episodes of some TV talk show host, or follow some movie star, and piece together many bits of personal info about them, and then feel as if they are acquainted with them or are even friends with them. They're not, because the TV or the movie screen are one-way conduits.

For fans of disc golf vloggers, particularly the fans who don't play a lot of tournaments or who don't tour (and thus don't have actual relationships with the vloggers), these one-way bits of video, especially since they are "slice of life" content, create an illusory relationship. If you've seen the inside of a disc golfer's bathroom, know what toothpaste they use, have "ridden along" on a road trip with them in the form of an on-the-road video, have watched them bake cookies, and so on, then that feels a lot like an actual friend with whom you have shared the same intimacy.

It's not, though, it's illusory. But for some, that illusion is compelling and feels good and they seek it out.

I can't imagine your thoughts on TV/movie audiences. That's people watching the lives of other people... who don't even exist! It's actually actors pretending to go through various scenarios.

Audiences are a group of people who go out of their way to experience something entertaining, right? So obviously vlogging audiences exist because people find the vlogs entertaining.

Surely you are capable of realizing that not every other human shares your exact sense of entertainment. That's really as much thought as you should put into it. Trying to figure out why people like what they like is a long road to go down.

I consider scripted television to be slightly less annoying than vlogging. In part because I think writers are forced to put more thought into the content. I also feel that vloggers get swallowed by the internet. Meaning, they don't have meaningful existence outside social media & their YT channel. Or, their world is so consumed with social media/vlogging, etc. that all of their references live within that world so it is harder for outsiders to keep up.

I have always been fascinated with the part of the brain that triggers appreciation. When I was younger, I wanted to perform a study to understand why people are drawn to their favorite genre of music, but I digress...

People are welcome to any form of entertainment they like. I guess I find such little value in vlogging, that I can't imagine being a fan of such nonsense.

It's a parasocial relationship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasocial_interaction#Parasocial_relationships

You may be familiar with this concept already: people who are fans of and watch many episodes of some TV talk show host, or follow some movie star, and piece together many bits of personal info about them, and then feel as if they are acquainted with them or are even friends with them. They're not, because the TV or the movie screen are one-way conduits.

For fans of disc golf vloggers, particularly the fans who don't play a lot of tournaments or who don't tour (and thus don't have actual relationships with the vloggers), these one-way bits of video, especially since they are "slice of life" content, create an illusory relationship. If you've seen the inside of a disc golfer's bathroom, know what toothpaste they use, have "ridden along" on a road trip with them in the form of an on-the-road video, have watched them bake cookies, and so on, then that feels a lot like an actual friend with whom you have shared the same intimacy.

It's not, though, it's illusory. But for some, that illusion is compelling and feels good and they seek it out.

Yeah, I get the context, I just think it's dumb and a little sad...
The same goes for my hockey buddies that talk about members of our local professional team as if they were out there skating in our beer league.

No, I just thought they looked alike.

If I may "be a dude" for a moment.
Hannah is cute, but Mia is hot!...

I guess I find such little value in vlogging, that I can't imagine being a fan of such nonsense.

Than maybe don't share your opinions on the subject, especially if you are going to tell people what they should and (in this case) shouldn't do.